Treveling europe..Alone

Post Reply New Thread

Treveling europe..Alone

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-04-12

I’m an 18 year old girl and I finish my A2 exams in these next coming month, I live in a really small town just below Scotland and not many people from round here have any interest in travelling. So it looks like it’s going to be a solo trip!
Im taking a year out for travel but im a bit worried that im going to get overwelmed when im traveling by myself. I plan on traveling around europe, I’m not sure how long I plan on going for but I’m hoping it will be quite a long term trip as there’s so much I want to see, especially in Italy!
I was wondering if anyone had any similar plans for september/October ‘16?

Total Posts: 378

Joined 2012-11-01

Heya, sounds like a great thing that you’re doing! Travelling alone for the first time can be pretty scary but once you’ve got over that initial intimidation you’ll have a great time.

If you’re a bit nervous I usually advise people to book a tour for their arrival. That way you’ll get to meet people who are in the same boat as you and you can make friends with before you even begin. They could end up being your best mates!

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-12-27

Travelling alone may sound pretty nerve-racking but trust me its not.  I had the same feeling last year but I ended up having a way better time than actually taking a holiday with my mates. And Vicky is right about the tours. What I did last year was slightly different though. I wanted to meet other students so I signed myself up to a language course and it paid off!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-04-17

I’m also pretty nervous. Starting to think about going travelling after I finish my studies but don’t really know where to go or what to do. I kind of want to go by myself and kind of going to have to because I don’t think any of my friends want to join. I guess a tour is a pretty good idea. raspberry

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2014-08-29

You’ll have an amazing time by yourself! I went away for 2 months last summer just after my A2 exams - exactly like you. I’m at uni now though, I didn’t take a gap year.

I met so many incredible people and I loved travelling by myself. You’ll come back far more confident. Don’t book to much before you go because I guarantee you’ll meet people and plans will change! Have a rough route in mind - Italy is fab so that’s a good start - but don’t be surprised if things change.

Good luck! Have a great time!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-05-16

I too and embarking my first solo trip this September!
September still feels so far away, still no nerves or savings in place!
I just worry I’ll spend 3 whole weeks alone! I’m fine with that but I’m really hoping I meet at least 1 likeminded traveller!

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-07-07

Hey smile

I’m also planning on travelling around Europe this September on my own. Planning on Visiting mainly eastern Europe and Turkey. Seems like its ages away! Wondering whats the easiest way of. Like most people im worried about not meeting new people along the way. All help appreciated! smile)