Moved to Hanoi!

Post Reply New Thread

Moved to Hanoi!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1123

Joined 2007-01-04

Hello!
Long time since I’ve been on here - are any of the old faces still around? It seems like Facebook groups have overtaken forums when it comes to planning trips..still loads of searchable info here though.

Having spend the last 10 months on a big trip. Stopping in Hanoi for 6/12 months. If anyone’s looking for advice or are passing through, get in touch. Such an awesome city! Finding new places to eat and drink everyday, big expat community here - I’d recommend it to anyone looking for a break from the road.

Apartments are as little as 150USD a month for house shares, 500 will get you a very nice 2 bed. You can eat and drink all day for less than 20usd in decent places or live on the cheap for less than 10usd. 
Any questions just ask

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-04-27

Sounds amazing, I have a big trip coming up in October (About 2 years) and I fancied stopping off somewhere to recharge for a few months, Hanoi sounds as good a place as any! What the visa situation like? Is it easy to get long term visa’s while you’re on the road?

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1123

Joined 2007-01-04

Oh nice! Where are you heading?
Yeah, Hanoi obviously a bit different than hitting a beach spot for a break. But it’s easy to get set up here and you’ve got everything that comes with a big city, without the big city feel.

Yeah, 3 month visas are easy to set up. You can do it in embassies round se Asia, or pre arrange one for arrival at certain airports. If your working, good companies will sort your work visa pretty easily for you. I think you get 2 weeks visa free. But it’s cheaper to arrange it in advance rather than getting an extension in country.

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-04-27

I’ve only planned a year in Europe then a year in Asia, just gonna wing it the best I can and see where I end up smile

A 3 month break in Hanoi is sounding pretty good if I’m honest, especially at a tenner a day!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-06-08

i’m currently living in Hanoi, this city is quite peaceful and safe, food is nice