Volunteering with Cheetahs in South Africa

Post Reply New Thread

Volunteering with Cheetahs in South Africa

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-04-25

Hey everyone!

I’m a 23 year old American girl planning to travel to South Africa to volunteer at Cheetah Experience for about a month. I would love to have one or more buddies to share this amazing experience with- which will involve hands-on playing and cuddling time with cheetahs, leopards and other wild (yet tame) African cats every day. How could anyone resist something like that?

I would also like someone to come along with me so that we can travel around South Africa on our days off or even to plan a couple weeks of traveling after our time volunteering. I’d also be interested in volunteering at monkey sanctuaries and diving centers if anyone is interested in that. I have no set plans yet so I’m willing to incorporate any other ideas that you may have for volunteering or places to visit.

Looking for someone who enjoys going on fun adventures (safaris, hiking, diving, surfing, etc.) and wants to take advantage of everything that South Africa has to offer!

Let me know if you are interested smile

p.s: I may also be considering traveling to Europe and/or Asia after South Africa

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-05-07

When are you planning for (month) . I am a South African and would love that but more on other parts of countries…

Rank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2015-12-02

i wouldn’t worry about having friends share the experience with. i’ve met a few people who have volunteered there and 1 lad goes back every year. you will meet lots of sound people who have love for the animals as much as you do

i think it is nearly always fully booked with volunteers, so dont worry

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-04-25

I am planning on heading over towards the end of January.. They have similar volunteer programs in many other African countries, as well. There’s sooo many different programs to sort through!

Matt, yeah I’m sure I’ll meet lots of people regardless. Its just a little intimidating because I’ve never travelled alone so its easy for me to think I won’t meet anyone, even though I know that isn’t true smile it’s good to know you’ve met people who have been there, though.

Rank

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2015-12-02

cheetahs are my fave animal and i volunteered at a cheetah place in parys, for 2 weeks. it was good, but from what ive seen and heard, cheetah experience is much better.

also volunteered last year on a game reserve doing conservation management about 60 mins from port elizabeth

both times i went on my own, but had such a great time with all the others there