Australia sept/oct 2016

Post Reply New Thread

Australia sept/oct 2016

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-05-04

Hi I am 24 and thinking of doing a years working holiday and travelling around Australia. I’ve never done anything like this before and going alone is daunting!

Any advice or people looking to do the same thing would be great! cheese

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2016-04-04

Hey,

Also doing a similar thing, I’m starting in Cairns and travelling down the East Coast to Sydney, then hoping to work in Sydney.

I’ve just got my visa!

Thanks
Emma

Rank

Joined 2016-05-04

Hi!

Oh cool, how was the visa process? Did you apply independently or go through an agency? Like STA

I’m hoping to apply in a few weeks.

I’ve been debating where to start, travelling down the east coast does make sense though.

Thanks,

Lauren

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2016-04-04

I just did mine independently it was really easy and quick. Just did it online, then they phoned me the next day to confirm and take payment. Then it took about 48 hours and it was confirmed by email that my application had been accepted. The 12 months starts as soon as I enter Oz.

Yeah I’m thinking of doing Wanderlands Australia package, have you had a look at it?

Hope this helps
Emma smile

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2016-03-17

Hey,
Im still debating my life decision and I will more than likely be coming to Australia in September/October. Just need to apply and book flights lol
Im a nervous wreck about travelling alone so looking for people in the same boat :D
Hoping to go to the east coast, hopefully Sydney or Brisbane.
Im 22 and Irish btw smile

Darren

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-05-24

Hello!

Looking to go out to Australia at the end of November so would be good to meet some people that are also travelling around!
Im starting in Melbourne as i have family there, but im up for travelling around the east coast!

There are also certain farming jobs you can do which allow you to gain a second years visa which i think would be a good idea!

Give me a shout back, Rory smile

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-06-04

Hey
My flight is booked for 21st september im staying with my sister in Queensland so gonna try and get my farmwork done while im up there so it’s out the way ready for the second year. Then im going to head to Melbourne to see a friend probably 4 months after I land, although i would like to do the EastCoast on my way down instead of flying straight to Melbourne, but I will be by myself so see what happens!

Rank

Joined 2016-06-10

Heyyy!

Im also wanting to travel to Australia but just not had the confidence to do it alone, so im on here really looking for advice and someone else to go with xx

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-09-03

Hey guys.. heading in October to Oz just for 4 weeks unfortunately. Looking to do a week on the gold coast around the 20th of October .. then il be with Family and Pals in Sydney

Hoping it will be easy to do a week on my own.. my family and mates there will be working and I really want some sun. So just going to go with it and hope for the best. . If any of yas are around