Travelling South & Central America June 2nd onwards

Post Reply New Thread

Travelling South & Central America June 2nd onwards

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2016-03-20

Flights have been booked, 22nd of June onwards. Super open plans, just wondering who is around? First time in South America and Second time travelling alone.

Rank

Total Posts: 29

Joined 2015-07-31

How long were you planning on staying in South America for? I’m there from July 9th and I have no plan yet.

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Hey! I’m gonna be around for the next few months, 3 months free visa so probably around that until something comes up! Where abouts are you flying to?

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

I’ll be flying to Santiago, Chile. I do want to go to Peru for a bit but I’m only travelling for two weeks. Do you have kind of a plan or are you just winging it?

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Yeah completely 100% winging it, I have the basic idea that I’m heading up toward Central America but basing my plans on who I meet and what I learn. What about you?

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

Oh okay, well I’m sort of the same. I have no plan yet, I was just going to see what happens when I get there maybe.

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

The best way! Awesome, I’m still sort of planning a rough route now so I could potentially be coming into Chile but who knows, the world is our oyster! We’re you thinking about heading East or North at all?

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

Having no plan actually made me nervous, so I’ve been trying to make one. I’m now thinking of just travelling around Peru and Ecuador. I don’t think I’ll be going anywhere else just because I don’t feel confident travelling alone in those countries. Is your plan still of basically travelling around Central America?

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Yeah that’s completely understandable! Especially if you’re alone, I think I’m a little nervous too but it hasn’t sunk fully in yet! I’m off officially today, off for a year or more today!smile ) yeah South America and Central America. When do you fly??

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

Oh wow, 1 year! That sounds incredible, I’m so jealous! So you’re going somewhere else after this? I had to push my dates back, so I fly out on the 16th

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Yeah I’m pretty stoked about it! Yeah I think I am going to come to chile now because I arrived today and am slowly realising things cost a lot more than I anticipated ! Oh okay that’s awesome, you’re there for 2 weeks right??

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

Oh really! I always thought Central America was cheaper than South America. When were you thinking of going? Yeah it’s a 2 week trip.

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Yeah I’ve asked a few people now and they’re all saying Brazil is the most expensive one. To be fair though it’s still not bad considering, it’s about £10 a night at a hostel! I think I’ll try and get some stuff together tomorrow and start making a move but it’s a hefty way to get there so it will probably take a month or two. Two weeks isn’t bad at all

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

Oh true, that’s a long way to go. Nah 2 weeks sounds pathetic, especially when compared to your 1 year hahah. Are you enjoying it so far?

Rank

Joined 2016-03-20

Yeah it is but hopefully I can find a cool way to get there, I’m hearing great things about chile this whole time I’ve been here and I’ve only been here about 13 hours! Yeah it’s going really great! Meeting loads and loads of people from all over the world! How’s the Chile planning going??

Rank

Joined 2015-07-31

That makes me glad to be going there then! Are there certain places most of them have enjoyed? Well I’m not great at planning, so I currently only have my flight from home planned. At this rate, I’ll end up having to wing it. That sounds awesome already! Where are you?