Asia Sept 2016 onwards

Post Reply New Thread

Asia Sept 2016 onwards

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2016-06-17

Hey

I’ve just booked my third adventure away. Second time travelling on my own but my first one way ticket.

I land in Bangkok early September, and I have booked myself a tour to get me going for the first couple of days.

I will be travelling Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos in October/November time, then will hopefully be back in Thailand to travel back down south. Then from there Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia.. etc then onto NZ.

Who’s about?

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2016-02-11

Hey!

This is exactly what I’m thinking of doing but hadn’t heard of the lantern festival! I fly to Bangkok and just trying to figure out a route to do the whole of SE Asia, then I’m off to NZ and Aus after!

Do you have any route tips? Also, I’m wanting to book a hostel in Bangkok for as soon as i land, any recommendations?

Thanks!

Lucy

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Hey!

Have you booked anything yet?

The lantern festival is in November in Chiang Mai. Looks beautiful so if I’m around the area then I’ll definitely be going there.

I’ve booked a tour for the first couple of days to get me settled in, then going to plan my route while I’m out there. I was advised to keep it pretty unplanned as it’s easy to get around and make plans with other people doing the same.

I have a couple friends that have already done it so have a plan in mind. Probably north Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, then south Thailand..? But I always book my hostels through hostel bookers so that’s definately worth a look!

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

hey,

Nope, nothing booked yet as i wanted to keep it quite open and just see what happens when I’m there! I’ve got a few recommendations of hostels in Bangkok for the first few nights to settle in but thats it! I think i’ll probably go North firs then South, I’m wanting to do the Philippines and Bali too hopefully! Then off to NZ.

Thanks - i’ll have a look and at the lantern festival!

Luce

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Oh right yeah fair enough! My tour heads down south first as I wanted to go to the full moon party for my 22nd, so definately going to end back in the south. It all sounds amazing!

Yes phillipines is a must for me and definately going back to Bali, and at the moment, my flight to Auckland is in February but we shall see what happens!

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

When are the Full moon party? I’ve done literally no research i need to get my act together!

I’ve bought the multi flex pass thing from STA so i can change my flights whenever thank god!

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Haha ooo gurl you better start planning and booking! Theres one every month so sept 16th, oct 17th, nov 14th and dec 14th!

YES i got one too! going to be great when i never want to leave asia and stay on a beach all day. But definitely going to apply for my working visa for NZ

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

god i know! I arrive on the 15th September thats such good timing! I’ll be there on the 16th haha!

Yeah same I’m looking to work in NZ to then fund AUS, this week i will definitely get organised!

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Hahaha i’ll see you there then cos i’m going to that one on the 16th!

Looks like we’ll probably bump into each other at some point

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

Yeah definitely! Thanks for the info, i’ll probably message you closer to the time if thats ok? Probably in panic because I’ve got nothing organised!

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Haha yes of course! Catch me on here or on FB! X

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

fab! ill find you on fb smile

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-06-23

Hey girls im going to Thailand starting the beginning of sept for a monthsmile  how long are you guys spending in Thailand? i too will be at the full moon party on the 16th. Are you both doing a solo trip?

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Hey,

I land the 6th and will be in the south of thailand for a couple weeks. Not too sure really want my plans are yet but will also be at the full moon party on the 16th woo! and also travelling solo!

Whats your plan?

Rank

Joined 2016-02-11

Hey! So i don’t land till the evening of the 16th but fingers crossed ill be at the full moon party! Yep I’m on my own and thinking of doing thailand, laos cambodia vietnam etc then further south but no route planned yet!

Have you got any ideas?

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-06-23

I land on the 4th so excited! i too have no plans but i want to travel both south and north of Thailand.  I think i want to spend 1-2 weeks travelling north of Thailand places such as Chaing mai. Then venture to South of Thailand to the islands. How long are you spending in Thailand? Are you guys doing any tours? Im contemplating doing a 14 day island Tour, not sure yet as im keeping my options open. Lucy you should deff go to the sept full moon party if you can make it! smile How long are you girls planning to spend in NZ? im from there!