where to start planning a trip of a lifetime?

Post Reply New Thread

where to start planning a trip of a lifetime?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-06-25

Me and my partner 24yrs and 30yrs want to plan a year away from all the stress of everyday life after a rough year but we don’t know where to start.
Is it better to book through a agent that plans it all for you?
Or plan it all myself? Where do we start?
We are very open to where we go as long as part of the trip includes america other than that Asia, Africa, new Zealand, Australia, Fiji, Thailand as long as the views are stunning and we can learn about thw places we visit we really don’t mind.
Can anyone help with where to start?

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2015-08-14

I suggest you use the agent in planning your trip….I will also suggest that you visit Kenya for adventure of lifetime.

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1078

Joined 2004-05-30

If you are thinking of doing a RTW trip, then you may want to pop into a travel agent to get advice on buying the ticket. If you are happy to just book tickets as you go, then I’d recommend doing it online. There is so much information on the internet these days, that you don’t need a travel agent for much.

Other than that, start trawling through the country pages / articles on here to see where you want to go and borrow some guide books from the library to help.

I would then begin by writing a long list of countries/places you want to visit along with an approximate of how long you’d spend in each place. Then try and put them in a logical order eg East to West. You may need to remove places from the list due to time constraints but slowly you’ll start to see a plan come together.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2015-01-31

kereu - 28 June 2016 05:07 AM

I suggest you use the agent in planning your trip….I will also suggest that you visit Kenya for adventure of lifetime.

Hmmmmm!
why would it be the tour of a life time..some details if you could please

thanx