Post Reply New Thread

Asia budget?

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2015-04-04

I’m flying to India in septemeber and plan to spend 3 months there before I fly to Thailand to travel south east Asia.  I want to be away for a year all together, what would a typical month budget be? I’ve read a lot and some people say over a grand a month? i just wanted a rough budget if anyone can help ? smile

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-01

Hey grin

Exciting times ahead for you! We are are planning a similar trip, although ours will be different in the sense that we are a young married couple travelling with our 3 year old daughter.

Your budget really depends on the country. We have put aside roughly 34-35000 for our year trip. After flights we have about 2500 per month. Obviously for your first 3 months in India you will only spend a fraction of your budget but save up for the more expensive countries. We are also doing India and plan on roughly 1500 per month for 2 months; we are also throwing in more expensive countries like Japan, NZ, S Korea, Argentina which will take up more (1 month in Argentina has been budgeted at 3500, 3 weeks in Japan at 3000), so definitely save up in the cheaper countries!

So apart from India what countries are you going to?

Rank

Joined 2015-04-04

Hey smile

Yeah I have 12 weeks left, I’m so excited I was planning on doing a really tight budget. I’m hoping to have about 9000 but if I have to come back a month or so early I don’t mind as I don’t want to be completely strict. After India I’m going Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia then maybe Indonesia and Philippines!

You trip sounds exciting! Love to go to those countries but that’s next on my list smile when are you planning on going?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-01

You will definitely have enough for those countries as they are budget friendly which is great! You are going to have a ball wink The great thing is that you won’t be spending a lot on flights once you hit SE Asia and you are not crossing multiple oceans so that will keep down your costs.

We leave for our first leg (Russia, Mongolia and China on the trans Siberian train) in March. It is crazy how many things need to be done and 8 months seems like not enough time.

If you don’t mind, please hit back a post at some point to say whether the budget worked out. I would like to keep tabs on our budget this way.

Above all have a blast !

cool smile

Rank

Joined 2015-04-04

Yeah I’m planning on going Bali. It comes round quick I booked my flight last October now I have 11 weeks to go! I still need to do and get so much before I go!

Yeah I will keep you updated on how my budget goes.

Thanks smile

Rank

Total Posts: 20

Joined 2016-06-17

Yeah i leave for thailand early september and will be around SE Asia for roughly 6/7 months. I have also been told a grand a month will be enough but everything is so cheap so i’m sure it will be easy to stick to!

When are you roughly planning to be where? I’m doing thailand, loas, vietnam, cambodia, thailand, then maybe malaysia, and the phillipines and bali smile

Rank

Joined 2015-04-04

Hey,
I’m going to India on the 19th septemeber and I have a flight booked from India to Thailand on the 18th December. I plan to be on koh Tao for Xmas and pangyan for new year then heading up north of Thailand. But that’s all I have planned.

I’m gunna try budget 800 a month hopefully that will be okay. I want to stay out there as long as possible really.

Where do you plan to be for Xmas?

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Sounds amazing! thailand for xmas does sound pretty good! I was thinking i might be in the philipines for christmas but really haven’t firgured much out. I’m going with a pretty open mind. But yes 800 a month sounds like a good plan - budget for cheap meals, and cheap accomadation.. hopefully it will be that easy! But yeah i’m the same, travel around asia until i run out of money - I’m also planning on going to NZ after to work for a year LOL

Rank

Joined 2015-04-04

I’ve been Thailand a few times it’s amazing! But was never on a budget more just a few months each time. this time I’m planning on travelling around and wanna be out there as long as possible!!  Philippines looks amazing! smile

Rank

Joined 2016-06-17

Ah this will be my first time to thailand and I’ve booked a tour for my first 2 weeks. But yeah in the same position, just want to travel around as long as possible, then will work in NZ once ive used all my money!

Totally agree, phillipines looks beaut then i’ll go to indonesia in february/march time. Literally have nothing planned yet!cool smile