Australia Adventure

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Adventure

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-04

Hey…. I am planning travelling to Aus on a working holiday visa in September. I am 27 (will be 28 when travelling) and I am pretty nervous about getting started. Has anyone got any advice on travelling alone? It will be a new experience as I have never been travelling or backpacking and I want to make the most of it as have been through a rough time these past few years and looking to find new friends and enjoy life again.

How much money do you recommend?
How do you find work?
Where is best to stay when you arrive?
Do you travel or work first?
Is it easy to meet new people?

If anyone from the UK is planning on the same please get in touch as I would love a buddy up grin

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-06-23

Hey I’m in exactly same boat as you! I’ll be 28 in Aug but I’m not planning on going till early next year, as I wanna save up a little more first! Do you have an idea of where you’re starting off in Oz? I’m debating on either sydney or perth. I was thinking about doing the 88 days work to get the 2nd year visa first to get it out of the way and then not have to worry about it ! And then do a month or 2 traveling and then get another job and repeat (obviously it’s just a rough plan because nothing ever goes to plan! )

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-04

Yeah I’m thinking getting the farm work out the way first so I can do travelling afterwards. Means I can experience Australia and get to know the culture a bit better before setting off too. Plus you earn decent pennies with the farm work. Pity you weren’t travelling sooner as company would be good.

I don’t know if they let you break up the farm work so if you can do 44 days here then another 44 days there? X

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2016-06-23

Yeah unfortunately I can’t go any earlier than the stay of next year due to work, but if you’re still put there when I get there should meet up, would be nice to get some tips on how to survive etc! Yeah I’d assume that you’d have to do the full 88 without a break just due to the seasons and what they need to get done and when but I’m sure the time will go by pretty fast and once it’s done, it’s done! How are you packing? Rucksack/suitcases?