Australia & beyond Jan/Feb 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Australia & beyond Jan/Feb 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-07-13

Hey I’m Bethan - 23,
Looking at going to Australia around Jan/Feb 2017. I’ve never been travelling by myself before and feel like i need to see the world! I’m looking at starting in Australia, working as and when needed. Then seeing where it takes me - i’m thinking New Zealand, Thailand etc.
Is anyone on the same wavelength, or thinking of doing something similar around these dates? I have nothing planned yet, so would appreciate any info that anyone has. Would be nice to get to know some people doing the same sort of thing, as the thought of doing it completely alone is quite daunting!! zipper

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-07-13

Hi Bethan,

I’m Al from Malaysia. I’m planning to go to Melbourne, hopefully some time in August or Sept. Just waiting for my visa stuff to get sorted out.

I’m actually very familiar with Australia, especially Melbourne. Went to uni there, so I lived there for 5 years. Just got back to Malaysia last Feb. Excited to go back coz it seems like I dont feel like I’m done with Australia just yet haha.

I want to have a different kind of adventures this time. I have to admit during the 5 years I was there, I was wrapped up in a bubble, being mostly with my Malaysian friends most of the time. So, my aim this time around is to break from that circle and get to know people from all over the world.

I’ve been to quite some places around Australia, including Gold Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane, and Tasmania. I have visited New Zealand too, went to Queenstown, Auckland, Christchurch.

I guess you travelling plans would very much depend on your budget. For example, if you’re looking to travel on a very tight budget, I’d recommend CouchSurfing to really save on accommodation. CouchSurfing is not only financially beneficial, you would be able to meet and connect with the locals!

Anyways, if you want to ask me any questions, I’d be happy to help if I can! Cheers

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2016-09-17

Hey im danni, 22y/o

Looking to travel SE Asia, around feb 2017 time for a couple of months!
will be qualifying as a nurse jan 17 so want a few months out before starting work!

Looking to go thailand, vietnam, cambodia and bali (if time allows)

If your interested message me smile

Danni x

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-09-13

Hey Bethan i’m in the same situation as you completely, not wanting to fly out solo, looking to Land in Aus explore and work and then New Zealand and see what happens from there with travels. Can look into flying out at the same time if you’re interested smile