First time traveler

Post Reply New Thread

First time traveler

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-07-17

Looking to be brave and finally go travelling!! I have never done it before and have no clue where to go! I also seem to be the only one i know right now who wants to travel and i don’t think i’m hard enough to go alone! From the UK.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-07-17

This is also my first time travelling alone. Quite nervous, but I just keep in mind that there are a lot of people in the same situation and I’m sure we’ll come across them smile

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2015-08-17

I’m in the same boat at the moment - hopefully gonna head out to Australia in March 2017 on a working holiday visa. If this interests you at all, send me a message and we can talk! Desperately want to find someone to travel with, even if it’s just for the first couple of weeks/months, whilst we both get used to the country x

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-07-17

Il be up for that

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-07-20

Hey Faye smile
You’re definitely not the only one who wants to travel aha! Im planning on doing Central America from October till probably May, let me know if you wanna plan something smile
Brad x

Rank

Joined 2016-05-23

Faye I feel exactly the same - I can’t make my mind up !

Rank

Joined 2016-07-22

Hi! I’m in the exact same position, I’ve just finished my a levels and I really want to go travelling, but I don’t want to go on my own!

Rank

Joined 2016-07-29

I’m also hoping to get a working holiday visa for Australia beginning of next year and I’m the exact same - don’t have the balls to go it alone!! If you’re interested in something like that message me, it would be amazing to plan something with someone else cool smile

Rank

Joined 2016-07-20

Hi Faye, I am also travelling alone and very scared! Where are you planning on going? I am flying to Cairns, Australia, and travelling down the east coast at the end of September!  Would be nice to have a travel buddy and I’m also from the UK cheese

Rank

Joined 2016-08-01

Hi, i’m the same! i know of people who have been or are travelling and it looks so easy and fun but i’m so scared especially going alone! I want to go Thailand and America. Find me on FB - Patsy Atkinson smile

Rank

Joined 2015-07-11

hey I am also in the same boat! Living and working in London currently.  Looking to travel around the end of the year Nov/Dec.  I will be in Asia around Nov/Dec and have not fully planned the details. Also drawn to South America!

Rank

Joined 2016-08-04

same here, never traveled alone or had nobody waiting on the other side.. I just want to escape work, find more about the world and relax..  I can’t get myself to book even small holidays around Europe.. sigh

Rank

Total Posts: 32

Joined 2016-08-30

Hello, First of i want to say that i will post this message on many threads so sorry if it is not exactly 100% accurate but i wanted to reach as many relevant people as possible.

So I have started my journey early June and i have been backpack traveling since. I try and limit myself to only walking and hitch hiking but i am open minded. Currently i am traveling through Europe and the rough plan is that i will do so for another 2 years and that i will visit all of the countries on the main land. After that i will move towards Turkey, Israel, Egypt before going to Asia but that is distant future.

I sleep in a tent and i have one place spare in it. Anyone is free to join me at any time and leave at any time as well. I have only one requirement that the person has to be open minded in spirituality because pranic dieting and healing people as well as teaching about spirituality is a thing i do everyday.

I can adjust my speed of traveling according to peoples needs if someone wants to travel faster or slower. My plans are set for me but they are as flexible as water wink

Right now I am in Poland and will slowly move to another country in between November and January. If anyone is interested in meeting with me or traveling with me please write to me on this post https://www.gapyear.com/boards/viewthread/185212
and check out my profile where you can get links to my Facebook page and YouTube channel.

I hope you will have a wonderful day and sorry if you think that this is a spam.

Ps. This post will be relevant until mid 2018