Mates to go volunteering with early 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Mates to go volunteering with early 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-09-20

Hey
I’m Jemma, 18 years old (soon to be 19). This year I’m taking a gap year out before going to university in Sept 2017.

I’m really interested in joining a few volunteering programs, particularly ones involving animals cheese and really like the look of some in South East Asia, Africa and South Africa. I’d be looking to go for a couple of weeks/months at the beginning of 2017 preferably.
The majority of my friends have already gone to university this year, and so, so far it pretty much looks like I’d be going on my ownoh oh. Being fairly new to travelling, I think it’d be cool to find at least someone to go with, if not a group of mates.

Let me know if anyone’s thinking of doing a similar kind of thing at a similar kind of time. smile

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-10-09

Hey Jemma,

I was just going through some unanswered threads and I found yours. It sure does sound interesting and I was just wondering what projects and dates you were thinking of. I don´t really have anything planned, except maybe some trip during April/March, but nothing set yet. Anyway, I would love to know what you want to do and maybe join you for those trips, so let me know if you still have those ideas in mind and maybe we can start talking.

PS. I´m Anuk, 18 (also soon to be 19), male from Spain. (probably should have put that at the beginning) smile

Rank

Joined 2016-10-21

Hi,

I’m Phoebe, I’m 18 and currently on a gap year whilst reapplying for uni to start September 2017. I would really like to spend up to 6 weeks travelling early next year (was thinking February/ March) so that I have done something interesting with my gap year, but don’t have anyone to go with as my friends are either already at uni or are still in school, and my boyfriend isn’t really interested in going!

I am interested in visiting pretty much anywhere, but Africa/ South Asia/ Australia particularly interest me. I am also looking to possibly volunteer with animals for even just some of the time as it could be useful for my uni application (I am applying to study veterinary medicine). I would be on a pretty tight budget, which is partly why I am looking to only go for 1 month-6 weeks. I would love to know if you are interested in discussing possible travel plans with me!

Rank

Joined 2016-10-22

hey I’m jo, i am working in the beginning of my gap year. would love to visit croatia, prague, budapest, vienna for the culture and really want to go to bali and thailand for the beach views wink I’m open to ideas and love meeting new people; I’m very chatty so don’t be shy to reach out to me. winksmile

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-09-21

Hey I’m Danni and am currently on a gap year too. Reading your post it sounds like we are in very similar situations. I plan on going to university next year (all my friends have gone this year) and am currently working until Christmas to save some money to hopefully go travelling. While I would travel on my own I would much prefer to travel with someone/a group and meet new people along the way smile I’m really interested in volunteering with animals and have found some places that look great in places like Nepal and Sri lanka. I’m pretty easy going and would be up for travelling to the majority of places, however I don’t have a massive budget. Let me know if you want to get in touch smile

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-11-24

Hey I’m in exactly the same situation (except I’m supposed to be in year 13 right now haha but taking a year out so trying to make the most of it !!!) most of my friends are still in school/ will be going off to uni/ or just generally disinterested I’m travelling!! I would love to find some people to go with as I’ll be honest travelling alone is a lil scary !!