Australia Solo Travel

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Solo Travel

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-10-16

Heyyy so i’m thinking of flying out to Australia on the 28th December for a year on working visa. I’m going solo so looking to see if anyone is doing the same? Thinking of starting by travelling the East Coast from Cairns to Brisbane? smile x

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-10-16

Hey I’m thinking of flying out early Jan 2017 and starting in Sydney for a year on working holiday visa (I’ve been looking at booking through an agency because I’m a bit anxious going alone!) Would be good to have a travel buddy or someone to meet up with out there! Definitely want to go to Cairns and along the east coast cheese

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2016-10-20

Hey guys. I am leaving for Australia in January and would love to meet up with new people. The whole idea of travelling alone is so exciting but very scary. Really interested in hearing about both your plans. If it’s easier maybe we could create a group chat on facebook or something? Amber x

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-10-23

Hey,

Im also looking to go to Aus in January on my own, but tbh starting to get a bit worried as we get closer, so looking for someone to travel with or meet up once i’m there. Would like to hear what you’ve got planned?

Cheers

Tom

Rank

Joined 2016-10-16

Hi guys, yes definitely make a Facebook group! My visa was granted last week so I’m now super excited and feels so real now.

Are you guys planning on working whilst out there? Where are you flying from/to? cheese

Rank

Joined 2016-10-23

Hi,

I’m planning on working just enough to cover some of my costs, but don’t want to spend my whole time working. That’s Awesome! How long did it take for your visa to be approved?

Tom

Rank

Joined 2016-10-16

Same, though I think I’ll end up working and travelling 50/50 especially since I want a second year visa.

Literally got my visa not even half an hour from when I submitted my application. I was so shocked was expecting more like a 5 week wait, an interview and all that! Have you had yours granted yet?

Rank

Joined 2016-10-23

Yeah sounds good,oh right fair enough I haven’t applied for mine yet but I thought they took ages to get approved! Have you booked your flights yet?

Rank

Joined 2016-10-23

Yeah sounds good,oh right fair enough I haven’t applied for mine yet but I thought they took ages to get approved! Have you booked your flights yet?

Rank

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2016-10-19

Anyone that wants to meet up, I’m leaving for Australia in a week and going over for a year. Would like to meet people wanting to travel etc like me, Message me on facebook