February 2017 Starting in Sydney

Post Reply New Thread

February 2017 Starting in Sydney

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2016-10-31

Solo female traveler starting out on the ‘‘Australian Adventure

’ I am flying into Sydney 4th Feb 2017 from the UK, I’m planning to attempt a 2 year Australian stint but I have no set plans, just to set foot and see where things go. I am meeting a few friends a couple of weeks after I land but only for short term as they’re on holiday, If anyone has any plans or ideas and would like to connect before they go, would be nice to know someone in the same shoes as myself! Perhaps you’re someone in the same boat as me? Free, looking for a new beginning and open to adventure and exciting times ahead smilesmilesmile x Anna

Rank

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2016-06-28

Hi Anna

I’m going to Aus in March. Starting in Perth as my cousin is getting married and then I’m on my own. I have no set plans either and literally am just gonna wing it. Hopefully want to stay there for 2 years aswell!

Would be good to know some people out there and potentially meet!

Zoe x

Rank

Joined 2016-10-31

Hi Zoe,

A wedding sounds like a fantastic way to start out! I’ll be there, winging it too! Are you planning to work? Any preference or just happy to see where things take you? Be fab to link with someone before I set off on my own! Exciting times grin xx

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2016-07-21

Hey

I’m flying into Sydney 20th February and have accommodation for 1 week then i have no idea what i’m going to do! gulp

My plan is to buy a car and carry on up the coast but we will see what happens (Probably Become Homeless)  LOL

xx

Rank

Joined 2016-06-28

Anna89Louise - 10 November 2016 12:06 PM

Hi Zoe,

A wedding sounds like a fantastic way to start out! I’ll be there, winging it too! Are you planning to work? Any preference or just happy to see where things take you? Be fab to link with someone before I set off on my own! Exciting times grin xx

I think i will need to work, as i don’t think I’m gonna have enough to live off for a year, but just gonna see what happens when I’m out there. I would like to do the same as Josh and get a car aswell and just drive everywhere as then i think you get to see more and do it on your own terms etc! xx

Rank

Joined 2016-10-31

Joshua-Berg - 10 November 2016 03:17 PM

Hey

I’m flying into Sydney 20th February and have accommodation for 1 week then i have no idea what i’m going to do! gulp

My plan is to buy a car and carry on up the coast but we will see what happens (Probably Become Homeless)  LOL

xx

I’m with Zoe’s too: Car rental-purchase and free exploring..(homelessness LOLLOL) .I think I can do a fair bit of farm work to keep me going….grapes make wine! A stint at a vineyard seems beneficial wink. Josh, I see you’ve booked the ozintro..what’s the itinerary of it? I’ve been looking at ‘starter’ things but I’ve not been swayed by one.

Zoe- you thought about doing any of these?

Be so cool to meet up and do some trekking with some like minded people! Both feel free to drop me an email if you find it easier as I get stuck for time to check this LOL
.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Xxx

Rank

Joined 2016-06-28

I’ve already looked at cars which is bit keen hahaha. Yeah I have looked at a couple but I was just gonna se whether I met anyone to travel with first and if not book into one just to get my feet on the ground but not sure which company as there are so many to choose from! But yeah deffs up for meeting people out there who have the rough same idea! X

Rank

Joined 2016-10-31

Ah! ...well organised grin. I’m on the same thought process.  I’m pretty sure I can sort all those things out on my own.. but do I feel confident to do it!? Ha. What date do you fly? Met many other people looking to do a couple of years? Xx

Rank

Joined 2016-06-28

Yeah I’m just gonna see what happens. my flights are booked for 3rd March from gatwick, but I’m in Perth for 2 weeks and then I’m not sure what the hell I’m gonna do haha. Doing my visa at the end of November, as then I’ve got it all ready and i don’t have to worry about it . I have spoken to a couple of people who are going next year and was meant to be going with another girl i met on here, but she’s bought a car instead, so not going anymore. you? x