Africa and Asia!

Post Reply New Thread

Africa and Asia!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2016-12-01

Looooong Post!
Okay, I need help!
I have done quite a bit of travelling but I am yet to embark on my biggest journey.
My boyfriend is coming with me this time. We are going to get a WHV for Australia. However, before arriving in Australia we are wanting to do a little bit of travelling first. We will be leaving from the UK and going to Africa firstly. We then wish to travel to Asia - visiting India, China (briefly), Japan and SE Asia (again, briefly as I have already been).
We are allowing approximately 6 month for travelling the above countries before arriving in Australia. We each already have £3000 put away separately for Australia so this is not of concern.
The majority of the 6 months will more than likely be spent in Africa and India, whilst also allowing a decent amount of time to be spent in the other places.
Travelling these places will (hopefully!) split the airfare dramatically. I am very savvy with booking cheap flights and travel arrangements so am very open to shopping around for cheap travel deals and being flexible with dates.
So, we are flexible with dates, aren’t bothered about staying in hostel dorms (although we will want to treat ourselves occasionally), aren’t massive drinkers, are smart with money and willing to cut back.
However, we are much more inclined to spend our money on really cool experiences and are open to all sorts of suggestions!!!! We are also interested in volunteer programmes!
Basically, my question is, given the above details and time scales, how much should we budget for 6 months of adventure filled, but careful spending(!), travel in an array of countries across Africa and Asia?
Any advice, tips or recommendations would be most appreciated!

Also - after our stint in Aus we are hoping to have saved up enough money for a short trip to South America before a 3 month North American road trip! Has anyone managed to save money on a WHV? It’s the dream!