What’s the best times/routes to travel SE Asia & Australia for 6 months from UK, and do I have enough money?

Post Reply New Thread

What’s the best times/routes to travel SE Asia & Australia for 6 months from UK, and do I have enough money?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2016-12-12

Jessicaholdship

5 hours ago

Hi! Sorry if there are already questions like this but I cannot find what I’m looking for.

Me and my boyfriend are planning to do 6 months travelling from October 2017-March 2018. We would like to do SE Asia (Malaysia,
Thailand, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Singapore, Indonesia (Bali)) and Australia, starting from UK. After speaking to someone at STA we have been told it would be best to do SE Asia then finish off with 5/6 weeks in Australia as this is the most expensive place. We have been shown a hop on hop off bus that can take us from Cairns down to Melbourne which we like. You can book either just the travel or travel including tickets for expeditions to popular places but we’re not sure if it might just be cheaper to book whilst there.

This is our first time travelling so we are pretty clueless. When I speak to travel agents I have found that they don’t really help with what’s best, they just want to sell me flights, so haven’t actually suggested much. Can anyone help with what would be the best route/timings.

We are planning to save £6 grand each including flights, will this be enough?

Any help would be great.