first time traveller

Post Reply New Thread

first time traveller

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-12-26

Hey,
I’m Rían, I’m 18 from Glasgow and I’ve just decided to take a break from my studies to do a bit of travelling. Since its my first time doing something like this I would rather go with at least one other person or even better a group of people. My overall aim for the next few years is to go to as many different places as I can, so I’m up for going anywhere and doing anything (within my budget tongue laugh)
If anyone is planning a trip or has any suggestions for a first time traveller let me know!
Thanks!!

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2016-12-27

Hey!
I’m graduating this summer and I would really like to go travelling for a month, however all of my friends are either broke or have other plans…

I am looking to go anytime from 24th July onwards. The initial plan was to go interraling in Eastern Europe, however I’m easy as of where we go.

I’d also be up for going South East Asia (Thailand etc.) or any other destinations.

Did you have anything in mind?

Rank

Joined 2016-12-26

I was thinking about doing either Europe, Asia or Australia, I’m still undecided though. I’m looking more early 2017 though, like March/April time.

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2016-01-29

Hi Rian,

Few things which sprung to mind:

Don’t over plan. You will find some places cr@p and some places amazing - so book accommodation instead whilst your on the move. You might meet someone and decide to go somewhere you originally didn’t plan.

Stay in hostels -  they are cheap and a great way to meet other travellers your own age.

Take into consideration the cost of living when choosing where to go, whilst flights to thailand and japan will be similar. Japan will cost so much more for food/going out/accomadation etc.

If you can’t find someone to go with, go by yourself. Honestly you will meet so many other people solo backpacking if you stay at hostels.

Good lucky, #coybig

Rank

Joined 2016-12-30

Hi there!

I have to disagree about booking hostels. When I was inter railing last summer we booked hostels about a month in advance, because we had a list of countries we wanted to do and they can get much more expensive closer to the time. If you’re not worried about a budget and want to be spontaneous not booking is fine, but for places like Copenhagen, Berlin and Amsterdam, planning ahead pays off.

We met some guys heading to Amsterdam after we stayed there a week earlier, and whilst we got our beds for £18 a night, they couldn’t find anything under £35 and were getting pretty stressed out about it.

You’ll have a great time no matter what you do, just thought I’d share my experiences. LOL