Travelling solo - Australia 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Travelling solo - Australia 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 19

Joined 2017-01-02

I’m the same! Ive dangled the idea to a couple of friends but ultimately i will be planning to go alone.. Well i think im going to do a 7 day tour of sydney as soon as i arrive! To have some fun and hopefully meet people who i can travel with! After that ill be looking to do 3 months regional farming work straight away as im really keen on staying there for 2 years! I have heard some stories about fruit picking employers not paying their workers etc but im sure that won’t be the case when im there! Im quite open in terms of what ill be doing so it doesnt necessarily have to be picking fruit! Im keen on experiencing all the activities Oz has to offer, sky-diving etc! So hopefully work my way up the east coast taking it all in!

What are you thinking?

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-01-12

That sounds amazing! Definitely want to do something like skydiving at some point. I think I’m just going to find some accommodation near the best places to find regional work not entirely sure where that is yet, do some work and then do my travelling around Great Barrier Reef, Sydney, Melbourne and do a bit more work along the way. I don’t really mind what regional work I do either like you said they can be a bit dodgy with how much they pay you but I won’t be going anywhere that isn’t willing to pay the minimum per hour it’s just finding where I guess.

Rank

Joined 2017-01-02

Sounds awesome Rachel! Think im just going to go with an idea of all the things i want to do as opposed to actual plans! As they will most certainly change along the way depending on who i meet and what im doing! You’re right though, think the mininum wage is $21/hour? As long as you do your research and know your stuff then there wil be no problems!
How you getting on with saving for all this? LOL

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-01-12

Yeah exactly I think I’m going to do the same just do whatever I’m feeling at the time you can’t really plan too much and expect to stick with it. Erm LOL I’ve got half, im at uni at the moment so once I finish my last exam I’m going to go back to Preston get a job and save so hopefully should have all I need in September.

Rank

Joined 2017-01-02

The struggle is real haha! I should be fine for September, i just wish it was sooner as the excitement tends to fade in and out

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-07-11

Hi
im traveling alone to Sydney in September. im thinking of staying around there for a few mouths then heading up the east coat ,working along the way.

jon