Scandinavia June 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Scandinavia June 2017

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2009-01-16

Hey all,

I’m 30 and originally from Wakefield in Yorkshire, now living in Sydney Australia (been in Australia for 7 years).

I’m currently doing a MSc degree part time and via the net at Leeds Becket uni and graduate in May this year.

I was planning on coming back home and Europe for a trip in June for 4 weeks with a week seeing friends and family and the rest in Denmark, Sweden and Norway. I was planning on being in Stockholm / somewhere else in Sweden on the 24th June (Swedish Mid Summer) and working the trip around there, probably start in Denmark then head to Sweden than Norway.

Is anyone else planning / wanting to join for a trip around those places?

Andy

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 342

Joined 2007-11-20

Hi Andy,

There’s a group of us driving from London right the way through to the top of Norway in June 2017. It’s a mixed group of all ages so if you’re looking for some company along the way feel free to jump in the convoy or follow in your own vehicle grin

RankRank

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2009-01-16

Hi Rosco,

No worries what places are you looking at stopping at along the way? I’ve done a bit of research into Norway and are keen on:

1. Bergenfest which is a music festival running from 14-17 June;
2. Viking festival at Avaldsnes running from 8-11 June;
3. Stavanger for Pulpit Rock, Lysefjord and Gudvangen;
4. Around Bergen after the festival: Hardangerfjord, Eldfjord;
5. Oslo for a few days.

Starting to realise how big a country Norway is that’s not even a scratch on the surface and i reckon i’ll need 10 days to do the above without rushing.

Cheers,

Andy