Best route/times/flights for SE Asia and Australia & Costs?

Post Reply New Thread

Best route/times/flights for SE Asia and Australia & Costs?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-12-12

I am planning to travel round SE Asia with my boyfriend finishing in Australia.

The plan is to go in November 2017 as this is when the weather is best in Thailand. We would like to stay round SE Asia for four months (Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia) then travel to Singapore, then Bali before flying to Australia for around 5/6 weeks. We are then looking to book a hop on hop off bus to take us from Cairns to Melbourne. Resulting in a 6 month trip.

We are looking to save £6 grand. This is our first travels so I would just like some advice on whether this route is realistic, with timings and our budget. How much time do we need to spend in each area?

We want to book flights in the next few weeks so I am wondering is it best to book a RTW type package or book flights separate?

I am also interested in staying in Melbourne for an extra 6 months after these travels so I might buy a working visa and stay on my own and work. How much money should I save for this? And will it be easy for me as a young woman to meet people?

Any help would be amazing, thanks in advance.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2013-07-11

Hey!
Wondering if you got any advice on this and either went with pre-booked flights or if your just winging it. Me and Girlyfriend are debating on the same subject. We’ve been hinted that we’d end up spending more but would rather the freedom to come and go as please rather than have a set routine.

Cheers!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2016-12-12

Hi Tuckshop64

I went to STA and spoke to someone really helpful. The first time I went I had a girl who actually wasn’t helpful at all but luckily the second time I had a boy who had done it all before and was really interested and wanted to help. So I guess you’ve just got to keep trying.

We’ve booked flights to take us to Hong Kong then to Thailand. From their we will get internal flights and buses around South East Asia. We then have a flight from Singapore to Bali, Bali to Cairns Australia, Melbourne Australia back home.

We have booked dates however we have flexi flights so we can change the dates should we need to at the time at no extra cost! So we have a rough plan but we can easily change it should we need to. I think this is definitely the best way to do it.