Travelling 2018 Vietnam/ Nepal/India/ Scandinavia/ Canada/ New Zealand

Post Reply New Thread

Travelling 2018 Vietnam/ Nepal/India/ Scandinavia/ Canada/ New Zealand

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-01-05

Hi, My name’s Willow and I’m an 18 year old 6th form student in my last year of A-levels. I’m taking a year out before going to uni back in the UK (though I’ll see where I’m at at that point, might study abroad or something) and I’m looking for some people to go travelling with. My friends are all either going straight off to uni so I’m looking for a group of, or maybe even just one or two, people to go with. I really like the idea of Vietnam, Nepal, India, Scandinavia, Canada, Greece, Portugal and New Zealand but, as you can see I haven’t made my mind up so, I’m completely flexible about location; I’m up for exploring pretty much anywhere. In terms of what kind of an experience I’m looking for, I’d like to explore both the wilderness and the cities that any of the aforementioned countries have to offer wink and I don’t really need completely solid plans I kind of just want to go with it (But I appreciate some people hate that kind of thing so again I am flexible with that).
Anyway, let me know if any of you are interested, thank you!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 234

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I was looking to travel when I finish college this year, but I am open to suggestions and change of plans
I was thinking about going in a camper van and work while there in order to cover the costs
I was looking to go to as many places as possible for as long as I can

Rank

Joined 2017-01-05

Hi Charlotte! That sounds really fun and exactly the kind of thing I’m also looking for! Yeah my initial plan had been to stay in the UK for Christmas and go off in the new year of 2018 to give myself some time to save up and then getting back probably some time in August that year. When were you thinking of going?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I wasn’t sure on an exact date from when I finish college (I was originally thinking about going July - August this year but I don’t think that would be possible anymore)  but would like to go away for as long as possible and over Christmas at some point.
I have also looked into it today and it seems like if it is multiple places then it could be quite confusing, because of getting the Visas and all the other entry requirements that they want from looking at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
I would also need to speak to my parents, as I don’t know if they would let me go and I have never left the country before so I would need to get everything
I have also don’t some research into Camper Vans, but I’m not sure if I will have enough money to get one, as the cheaper ones need to be refurbished which will cost a lot of money and I also don’t have a job and only got what I have from saving throughout my life
I was also thinking about going everywhere that I possibly could but I’m not sure about that after looking at the requirements and had also planned to go for as long as possible which I was hoping to be a few years but don’t know if there would be enough money for that along with everything else
I have also started to get a folder of information about each country and things that I should be aware of
With a Camper Van there is also the problem of driving, but I don’t really want to have to carry everything and pay for accommodation and everything else if I can’t go in a camper van. I have started to learn to drive but don’t know when I will pass so I don’t know if it would be possible by the time I want to go

Did you have anything else in mind for what you were thinking of, such as travelling, accommodation and routes?

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi Charlotte,

Rather than buying a camper van have you had a look at hiring one? Depending on how long you are planning on travelling, it could be simpler and actually a little cheaper as you won’t have responsibility for maintaining it.

Three sleeper vans cost about $20 a day and then you will just have to pay for the fuel.

Several of the rental places also let you pick up from one location and drop off somewhere completely different.

Ash

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I haven’t really looked into it, but I would like to personalise it and it might mean that i could live in it after and might be bigger than my room at the moment

Charlotte

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

If you want to email me with any planning to start organising something email me on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Charlotte

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-01-14

hey Willow,
dyu have any idea of when you would want to start your travels?
I’m hoping to leave next january and am in the same boat as you, open to going to most places but friends all going off to uni leaving me to travel on my own downer

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2016-09-16

Sounds like a plan. I want to go around the same time. However I’d rather stay well clear of Scandinavia as its super expensive. Same with most of Europe too. I’d rather spend a lot of time in SE Asia as its cheaper and has interesting sites and a cultures. I also want to go to new zealand for a bit as it looks amazing. Canada sounds good also.
Planning for about jan to july 2018.

Matt

Rank

Joined 2016-04-18

Hello Willow!

My name is Vera, 18 y/o, imma senior so I’ll be graduating from High School in Sweden soon. I’m very exited to finally go on a gap year from this summer til a year later and I’m planning to go to several places(such as Greece, France, Marrocco, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Hawaii, Rio)- but I’m always very open for other suggestions etc! I’d love to meetup with you whether for some weeks or a month! I was thinking of exploring sights, trying diffrent kind of activities/sports, volunteering or working while visiting the new place and staying at air b n b- but as said earlier I’m open to any ideas.

Feel free to send a message if you’re intrested!
/Vera✿

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2017-02-19

Hey Im also finishing my a levels this year and all my friends are off to uni so I’m looking for people to travel with at the beginning of 2018.
I want to visit New Zealand and SE asia ,but tbh i don’t really mind going to different places.
drop me a message if you’re interested

lauren smile

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-05-15

Hi Willow,

Couldn’t believe it when I read your post. You seem to be in exactly the same place as me! Sitting my A Levels this summer before I head off to Leeds University to study Modern Languages (hopefully) after taking a year off to enjoy myself. People seem to forget that we’ve been in education here in the UK for the last 13 years, I think we deserve a little break to work out what we want to do with our lives/enjoy ourselves while we’re young, responsibility free and debt free. My friends are also all either going to uni or don’t like the idea of travelling for an extended period of time.

I, like you, am completely open to sorting something (anything out) to fit. If you want to discuss further drop me a line on my email (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)), I appreciate that you posted this quite a while ago so may already be sorted/lost the desire to go which is fine smile

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Oliver grin