Australia August/September 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Australia August/September 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2016-03-11

Hey everyone,

My name is Amy and i’m 23 from Scotland. I’ve just applied for my working holiday visa for Australia, hoping to go to Gold Coast in August/September time. I’m just travelling alone so it would be nice to get chatting to people who were going across as well, with the hope of meeting up out there and if anyone had any tips i’d love to hear them!!

Amy

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-01-08

Hey Amy!

I’m also heading out from Scotland by myself. I’ll be flying out to Sydney at the start out August.

I know nobody and have absolutely no plans

Rank

Joined 2016-03-11

Hi Greig,

That is exciting! Do you think you will stay in Sydney? I am starting to get really excited about heading out.. though i need to book my flights. I am planning on working as a nurse while i’m there. I’m also hoping to complete my open water diving course so i can travel about and dive!

Amy

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-01-08

I’m definitely planning on traveling about grin, just not sure where yet LOL I was thinking about heading up to Byron Bay after a couple of weeks finding my feet in Sydney.

I cant wait for the diving! I’ve done a few padi dives in Eygpt and the Med, but diving in Australia sounds absoutely amazing. Have you done much before?

I’ve heard they’re always looking for Nurses in Oz!

I’m hopefully graduating this year with my degree in Forestry, so I might try find some work in my field over there, but it’ll be nothing like the work i’ve done in Scotland. LOL

Rank

Joined 2016-03-11

Sounds amazing! I think i’m going to hopefully base myself in Gold Coast but do weeks away to different places.

I have only done a couple of dives when i was in Greece to get the feel of it, so i definitely want to get my qualification when i’m there!

Yes, they are always looking for nurses, but getting on their nursing register is a bit of a challenge and is taking up a lot of time! Hopefully it will be sorted by the time i’m leaving to go out but if not i’ll take whatever work i can get until it’s organised!

Wow that sounds interesting! I bet you can’t wait to finish uni! was the best feeling ever! Yeah i can imagine it will be completely different out there but the experience will be incredible!

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-01-02

Hey Amy,

Im planning to get out there in early Sept! Im thinking to do a 7 day group tour as soon as i get there just to get acquainted and to meet people.

Also keen to get 3 months farming work out the way early on as i want to stay for a second year!

Start off in Melbourne/Sydney and work my way up the east coast

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-01-10

Hi Amy,

Your plans so far sound exciting! I’m in a similar situation to you at the moment, I’m also a nurse and am just starting to go through the process of getting on their register.

So far all I’ve got set in stone is a one-way flight to Sydney on the 29th September and I’d ideally like to get out their with enough saved up to do a bit of travelling before getting a job at a Sydney Hospital… but anything could happen I guess!

Would be cool to get in touch since we are going through similar processes! Good luck with the planning!

Chessie