Travelling Australia alone from Feb 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Travelling Australia alone from Feb 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-01-11

Hi I’m Sacha and I’m 18 - I’m taking on my first solo trip from mid Feb to the end of April this year. I’m starting in Sydney and planning on going up the east coast to Cairns using the greyhound hop on hop off pass - it would be great to connect with some people on here before I leave. if any of you have similar travel plans or done this route yourself I would love to here your tips smile

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2016-09-13

Hey Sacha!

I’m doing the very same thing! cheese
I’m heading out on the 23rd of Feb to Sydney, doing a group flight with a company called BUNAC.
Probably going to stay in Sydney for two weeks then use Greyhound.
I’m thinking once I get to Cairns to look for work.

How long are you planning on being in AUS for?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-01-11

My return flight is end of April so just planning on going pretty slowly up the route. Leaving Sydney end of feb/beginning of march so about the same as you smile then either gonna stay in Cairns until just before I have to go home or maybe head to Melbourne for a couple days.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-01-23

Hi Sacha,

I’m Jess, 19, from London - also planning to leave Sydney at the end of February to go up the East Coast with greyhound - think I’m moving a bit quicker than you as I’m flying from Cairns to Melbourne on the 31st March, but would be nice to try meet up for a couple of days at the beginning!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-01-28

Hi guys! My names beth, im 20 and planning to fly out to sydney mid feb! The only thing holding me back is flying alone! I have never flown before and cant see myself enjoying such a long trip to australia on my own! Would love to know if there was anyone i could buddy up with on the planes! Im in london so id be flying from Heathrow! Id be so greatful for any help or advice!! Thank you! Xx