6 Weeks Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Borneo

Post Reply New Thread

6 Weeks Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Borneo

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-01-17

I’m planning to go to south east asia in july/august with my gf and am looking for help planning the route and general advice.

We arrive in Bangkok from London on the the 5th July and will spent 2 days in the capital before flying to Chiang Mai for two days and then to Surat in time for the koh phangan full moon party on the 10th. A bit hectic I know but it’s the only way we could fit in Chiang Mai.

After this we are thinking of going Krabi and Phucket for beaches, a bungy jump and diving before flying to Siem Reap. We plan on spending 2 weeks in Thailand, is there anywhere else we should go

In Cambodia, we’re thinking few days each in Siem Reap and Phenom Phen, Kratie for a day for the dolphins then on to Ho Chi Minh City. This will likely take 7-8 days. Probs gonna travel by busses here and save travel time by missing out Sihankouville,

We’re not too bothered about Ho Chi Minh city so will spend a night here before going to Dalat, Nha Trang, Da Nang, Hoi Ann, Phong Nha on our way to Hanoi. (will probs go to 4 of these as only 2 weeks in Vietnam so which one should we miss out and where’s best to go in the others)

After visiting Ha Long Bay I came up with the idea of flying to Kuala Lampur and then getting a return flight to Kota Kibabula (should cost about £100 for the 3 flights in total. Then we get 3 weeks in Sabah Borneo to see orangutans, go diving/snorkling and that river with the long name. This should take 8-9 days. Then fly home from Kuala Lampur

If we stay in cheap hostels and try and be sensible with money how much do you think this will cost? We have a £2,000 budget. Also its worry its too many places as I don’t want it to feel too rushed, but we don’t have much more time to go away. We want a mix of fun activities not too much history/architecture and see many animals as possible (ethically) 

Any help very much appreciated thank you!