Gap year beginning Sept 2017

Post Reply New Thread

Gap year beginning Sept 2017

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2016-07-25

Would anyone like to join me on my gap year beginning in sept 2017? I want to travel as cheap as possible meaning my locations and dates are flexible as I want the cheapest flights. I plan on volunteering, or staying places that offer free accommodation in exchange for work (like on workaway.info). I would like to budget so I can travel for as long as possible and Iʻd also like to possibly find a job as the funds start to run out, maybe in australia.

i am 18 and from hawaii

possible places id like to visit: any island in the pacific, australia, alaska/canada (canadian rockies), south america, anywhere really..

please contact me if you have similar interests or would like to meet up somewhere on the way!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 171

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I’m from the UK and will be 19 by the time of traveling

I about going traveling when I finish college and was looking to go ti as many places for as long as possible.
I was thinking about getting a campervan and possibly working while traveling to cover the costs

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2016-07-25

Where are some places you had in mind?

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 171

Joined 2016-12-27

I was thinking anywhere really but maybe more America, parts of Asia and Europe

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-01-23

Hi Lauren,

I want to travel in a similar way somewhere spending as little as possible but still having a great time. I am turning 18 in a month and wanted to travel around July but am willing to change my plan. I am pretty open to travelling anywhere but not Australia because I live here ahahasmile South America or Europe would be my first preferences.

Rank

Joined 2016-07-25

message me on facebook: Lauren Kapule! maybe we can plan something out

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-02-13

Hi!

I am looking for the same thing! My name is Shannon and I am 18 looking for a gap year travel companion before college during that same time frame. I live in the Boston area. I definitely want to travel on a budget. Australia and New Zealand look promising, but I am up for anything right now. I am just in the beginning planning stages.

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2017-04-03

Hi! I am also 18. I would love to have a travel companion(s) during my adventures.  I would like to work with animals using either workaway or helpx. I am open to other volunteer opportunities as well. I want to save as much money as possible. I am taking almost an entire year off (early September - late May). I would like to visit multiple countries during this time and am open to anywhere in Europe, New Zealand, and Australia. I am very adventurous and open to new experiences. I love hiking, biking, swimming, backpacking, camping basically anything outdoors. I can also speak German and Spanish if you want to learn a little. I hope we can meet up and travel together. Let me know if you are interested!