What’s the best org to volunteer with?

Post Reply New Thread

What’s the best org to volunteer with?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-01-25

Hello,

My husband and I hoping to volunteer during the summer in Nepal, Indonesia and Peru or Bolivia ... however, every time I think I’ve settled on an organization, I find multiple worrying/disappointing reviews. Can someone who has insider knowledge, or who has volunteered a lot, weigh in with a couple of sure-fire organizations that we can put our trust in?

Opinions and anecdotes welcome!
Thank you!

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-08-22

Hello there! Sorry for replying so late, but I would like to give advice on choosing an organization. One must check the reviews before choosing any organization for volunteering, if the reviews are great then they may proceed further or either they may take the help from friends or family for choosing such organization which is good for volunteering. Volunteering is a great thing to do. It is a great way to do something good and travel around the world. One of my relatives had done volunteering in Africa few months back, they browsed online and came to know about this site which has good reviews and blogs of those people who has attended mission. After reading the blogs and reviews of people they had proceeded further for joining the mission.

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-09-11

Hey there!

Did any of you ever had a chance to participate in volunteer project abroad? I mean one of those projects about saving the World, teaching english kids in Africa, building hospitals, saving environment, helping small turtles to survive etc

If you did it - please help me!
I’m making my MA thesis about volunteering abroad, about voluntourism to be exact.
Your answers in my survey would be soooo helpful for me!
I’m also quite late with making this research.. so ASAP is quite important here smile
I would be so grateful! And if you can also share it with your friends who you know that also took part of this kind of trip - you would be my heroes smile
Here is the link:
https://voluntourism.webankieta.pl/

I believe travelers are amazing, full of a good will people, so I know you will not disappoint me