Asia July 2017 onwards

Post Reply New Thread

Asia July 2017 onwards

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 154

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I will soon be 19 and I’m looking to travel when I’ve finished college, I was thinking about going to as many places as possible for as long as possible, however in think Asia might be better, as it is cheaper. I was also thinking about getting a campervan and possibly working to cover the costs, however I am open to suggestions and to find something that might work better.

In was looking at going to America as well, I would be open to going to any or all countries possible.

I would also like to have the experience of being away over Christmas and what other countries do, such as activities and food

If anyone has any tips about travelling, I would also be interested, as this would be my first time and I haven’t left the UK before. Also if anyone has any advice about how to get parents to let you go, it would be really useful to me, as I don’t know how to tell them or if they will let me go.

I have started to do a bit of planning, however I don’t want to go on my own, so if anyone has any ideas, is interested or wants to know more let me know.

Charlotte

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-01-27

Hey my name is Ayesha and im a 17 year old Australian living in Berlin. I am also looking to travel in Asia around the same time as you! We should get in touch.

With regards to getting your parents to let you go, i would play the ” need new experiences and to see the world before im tied down to a job” card. Worked for me wink

Anyway, let me know!

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I never thought about that actually, thanks.

Were there any countries you were more interested in going to?
What were you thinking about transport and accommodation?
Have you done any travelling before?
Have you started to do any planning yet?

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2017-01-27

Yes, I was home schooled for two years whilst my parents and I just travelled , for two years. Ive got a lot of experience in south east asia but I am keen to experience it as a young adult as well. I want to do it overland as I find that more exciting and there are plenty of super cheap hostels as well as couch surfing which is free ad an awesome way to meet the locals. Im pretty flexible about where I want to go but Asia is the round about area. I also like that you want to go to America, Im curious about there too.

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I wish I had that sort of childhood

I was thinking about a campervan, as it would be somewhere to store everything, accommodation and transport

I have always wanted to go to America and live there fore as long as I can remember and could go there straight after Asia and go through other countries by campervan on the way there, which would be cool

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2017-01-27

Only issue with campervans in Asia is that they are gold mines for thieves. The best countries in Asia have a lot of poor people and they could basically steal everything . Best way is big back packs and trains or busses. Costs a lot less aswell. Idk, just an idea

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I hadn’t really thought about that and don’t really know how often I would leave the campervan anyway
I’ll have to look into it a bit more

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I don’t know if it would be easier for just a normal car and sorry out arrangements for other things while traveling and can help to get to places public transport can’t get to

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2017-01-27

Haha you seem really set on a vehicle smile I just think actually hiring a car or buying one is far too expensive for me as I have not much but I wish you all the best of luck with your travels!

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

When I’ve past the test I’ll have one anyway so it won’t make much of a difference using it for traveling, ad it would be a waste of time at home doing nothing anyway

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2017-04-03

Hey! I have always wanted to hit every state in the US. We would visit the major landmarks. I think it would be best done with a van because like you said it has everything. This would be probably around 3 - 6 months. Let me know if you would be interested!

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I would be interested in it, but would depends on the timings when I’ve finished college and before I hopefully do the Mongol Rally in 2018 depending on a team.

I have been interested in going to America for a while

Charlotte

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2017-04-03

Okay! Keep me updated. I was thinking about starting in March/April of 2018.

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I should be done with college by the end of July this year and the Mongol Rally starts in July 2018

Charlotte

Rank

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2017-04-05

Hey all,

I’m flying to Bangkok from Heathrow on June 18 this year. I’m planning to travel around SE Asia for a few months before heading to Australia in October. Is anybody thinking of doing this route? I’m backpacking solo so would love to find some travel buddies! grin

Best,
Chelsea x