SE Asia January 2018

Post Reply New Thread

SE Asia January 2018

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-01-27

Hi i’m Megan, i’m 20 years old from the UK. I want to take a gap year after I finish uni and travel around SE Asia (Thailand, Vietnam and Bali especially but very open to adding more places to the list) starting in January 2018 ish for about 3-4months. I’m interested in doing the dive course at Crystal Dive school in Koh Tao, visiting temples, elephant sanctuaries and pretty much anything and everything I can do while i’m there. If anyone is interested please let me know! x

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 171

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I was looking to go traveling when I’ve finished college. I would like to go to as many places as possible for as long as possible.
I was originally going to get a campervan and use it as transport and accommodation but I’m thinking that I might just take a car now instead

I am open to suggestions about everything

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2017-01-27

Hi, I’m going to be on a budget and have heard from my friends and other forums that the best, cheapest and easiest way to travel around is through public transport as cars are often easy to spot and steal, especially when they have all of your stuff in them like cameras, phones etc. Especially in SE Asia. Would be good if you were going around Australia though!

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

Yer, I did think about that but I’m still unsure and it’s what gave me the idea of not going in a campervan

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-01-14

Hey Megan, I’m Ben. I’m hoping to travel SE Asia from January as well, and am looking for some travel buddies. I’m pretty much open to going anywhere and doing/seeing as much as possible, so drop me a message if you’re interested or want to know more!

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

If you can go from July for about 6 - 8 weeks you could do parts of Europe and Asia by doing the Mongol Rally.

Rank

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2017-01-09

Hey guys! I’m morgan, i’ll be 18 by the time i travel, and was planning to start in December - although i don’t mind waiting until January!

I’m interested in the places you’ve mentioned and would love to see most of South East Asia - while also being on a sensible budget haha

If anyone’s interested, let me know!! :D

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2016-09-16

Hi! I’m Matt currently 18 and will be 19 by next year. I want to travel around SE Asia and also New Zealand, and other countries of which I am unsure but very open to. I plan to leave around January next year and travel for around 6-7 months. I want to experience different cultures, meet people and explore. I’m not really a city person but I would love to spend some time to discover cities anyway! I aspire to make proper cinematic-like travel films and travelling with people would really help that. I am currently applying for mechanical engineering at uni. If I manage to find people that I want to travel with then I will defer my offers. Doing a few weeks of volunteering would also be good and will also help to interact with the locals.

Basically I want to explore the world.

Matt

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I was looking to travel anything from July to as many places as possible for as long as possible and was thinking that Asia might be cheaper

I won’t have that much money to spend after getting everything to go traveling, as I haven’t left the UK before so need to start at the beginning

Charlotte

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

Charlotte, have you thought about working to get money. Its not too difficult to get a job at out age and you can go on SE Asia on £1000 a month easily with quite a comfortable lifestyle.

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

I have thought about it but can’t find anything around college, driving lessons, college assignments at home and volunteering at a charity but should have a thousand ish left maybe a bit more

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

Fair enough, but i’m sure there’s something that you can do a few hours a week. I have a busy lifestyle with 8 hours of work a week. I do 3 A levels and exercise regularly. I’ve still got loads of time left that should be using to revise.

RankRankRank

Joined 2016-12-27

On the days that I’m not in college I do other things or try to do some planning for traveling but dont want to do too much, as I don’t want to go on my own

Rank

Joined 2017-01-27

Hi guys! I’m desperate to start planning so message me on my profile if you’re interested in coming with me, it’ll be easier to get to know if we’d be suited to travel together! Matt I’m trying to get more in to photography so don’t mind if you’re filming at all, would you be in to doing a dive course to maybe get some underwater footage with a go pro or something because I think that would be so good.

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-01-14

Matt that sounds awesome. I really like travel photography (not very good at it though) so would be cool to go with someone who is. And yeah Megan a go pro would be great for travelling, could definitely get some good clips.

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

sounds great!
Where else are you guy thinking of going and for how long. I know I want to visit the Philippines for definite, also i would like to explore a lot more of SE Asia and also new Zealand. I would like to keep expensive places to a minimum as I would rather travel for longer although I do really want to visit New Zealand.
I would be interested in doing a dive course but depends on money but i’ll see. I don’t have a gopro but that would be good. I film using a Panasonic G85

Matt