Post Reply New Thread

Gap year mate

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-02-17

Hi Guys,

Im currently 17( will be 18 soon) and in my last year of college doing my A2 exams. I plan to take a gap year before going to uni to gain some life experiences and have a break from education! Anyone want to combine gap years and travel together? I’m open to any plans and suggestions!

PM me for any info or ideas smile

Rank

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2016-09-16

Hi there,
I’m also finishing of my A levels and I want to take some time travelling before uni. I plan to leave around January 2018 and travel for around 6-8 months. Before that I will work to get money. I want to explore a lot of SE Asia and New Zealand, Maybe other places too. I’m open to ideas. I’ve applied to uni for September/October 2017 but if things go to plan I will defer my offer for the next year. What sought of things do you have in mind.

Matt

Rank

Joined 2017-02-17

Hi, thanks fro your reply man , I’m quite easy to be honest in terms of location but SE Asia and New Zealand sound amazing! Do you plan on getting a job out there?

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

I don’t really want to get a job there no. I want to spend the whole time without work to think about mainly and just enjoying myself. It might be good to do 2-4 weeks of volunteering as I think that would be a good experience but I dont think I would want to work while i’m out there. I’ll work before I go to get money.

Matt

Rank

Joined 2017-02-17

Hi, volunteering sounds cool man, what month do you plan going??

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

I plan to leave in January 2018 for the whole thing. I’m not sure when I will be volunteering

Rank

Joined 2017-02-17

ok cool, do you plan on booking the gap year through a company or just doing it independently?

Rank

Joined 2016-09-16

Maybe partly with a company, the travel atleast maybe. But I don’t want to book everything with a company. I want to have room to do what I feel like when I’m there

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2017-05-28

Hey, im also just about to finish A levels and plan on taking a gap ear to go travelling, in January 2018, I’m speaking to a few others my age about travelling if you want to join or know more add me on snapchat jayjayjay42

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-06-05

Hey there smile

So I see you’re still making plans. I have plans to volunteer in India near the end of 2017. It’s through a great organization, with accommodations, food, daily hindi lessons for a week, and a tour of the main attractions in Udaipur, Rajasthan (which is where all of the volunteer projects for India are situated). It’s an old and beautiful city, a quick google search will show you that.

I’d really love to do any of their projects (Animal Rescue, Child Care, Community Education, etc.) and was hoping to do so with a travel buddy! If you’re at all interested, check out my post on POD Volunteer-INDIA-November/December 2017! It explains my plans in a little more detail haha.

Hopefully this fits in with your travel schedule. Let me know if you have any questions! smile