Travel buddy / Australia 2018

Post Reply New Thread

Travel buddy / Australia 2018

Rank

Total Posts: 6

Joined 2017-04-03

Hey everyone!

Decided I’m going to bite the bullet and head to Australia early next year. My lease is up in July so planning on moving back with the parents and saving for 7/8 months then heading out in March 2018.
I’ll be travelling alone and would like to get to know some people before i go, all of my friends are settled down and don’t want to leave home! Is anyone in the same boat?

Sarah

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-04-17

Hey!

Planning on going to Oz September next year travelling alone though if your out there before we could meet up or if you decide to go later gimme a message. I plan on travelling the first 8 weeks and hiring a car also Bali will be in that plan lol.

Same situation all my friends have partners house etc and I’d rather travel than settle down.

X

Rank

Joined 2017-04-03

Hey Lauren! Yeah we can definitely meet up. I don’t have an exact date as of yet and haven’t decided whether to travel first or after. So much to think about!

I’m actually heading to Bali in a few weeks! Add me on facebook if you like so you can follow my pics when I’m away grin

http://www.facebook.com/sarcarmil

x

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-04-10

Hey! I’m thinking of going around that time as well! Where were you thinking of starting? x

Rank

Joined 2017-04-03

carld38 - 18 April 2017 04:11 PM

Hey! I’m thinking of going around that time as well! Where were you thinking of starting? x

Hey Carl, I’m thinking Sydney… but open to suggestions. Not sure if I should travel the east coast right away or work in Sydney for a while first! What are your plans? x

Rank

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2015-01-26

Hey there!

Me and another member of this site ‘Kimmy DDD’ are planning to travel the world starting early February 2018. We are also aiming to travel through oz on our journey getting there at a similar time to you. We are hoping to stay around 6 months initially but are happy to stay longer. Half of it will be working with a working holiday visa and the other will be travelling the east coast. Give us a shout if you wanna join us for a bit!

Adam!

Rank

Joined 2017-04-10

sarcarmil - 18 April 2017 08:03 PM
carld38 - 18 April 2017 04:11 PM

Hey Carl, I’m thinking Sydney… but open to suggestions. Not sure if I should travel the east coast right away or work in Sydney for a while first! What are your plans? x

Same here! want to start in Sydney, work there then travel around the rest of the country! Want to go up through Asia after Aus. You thinking of going anywhere else? x

Rank

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2017-05-01

Hi Sarah.  I’m nick. I’m planning to head out to Australia the beginning of March for about 6 months or so. I will be on my own. I too have a whv. Would be great to meet up or travel around together. Let me know if your interested. All the best Nick.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-07-11

Hey I know this thread is a bit old but I’m planning the same some time between Jan-March 2018. I’m 21 and I will be travelling alone too, would be cool to meet with people doing the same thing as it is a very daunting concept going it alone. Also don’t know whether to travel before or afterwards. confused Looking to go with OzIntro at the moment but would be open to suggestions.

Olivia

Rank

Joined 2017-07-26

OliviaKate - 11 July 2017 11:43 AM

Also don’t know whether to travel before or afterwards. confused Looking to go with OzIntro at the moment but would be open to suggestions.

Olivia

Hey, I’m 29 and am planning on travelling around Australia from January 2018. I was also looking at packages in Sydney - UltimateOz and similar appealed to me, but haven’t booked anything yet or made any definite plans other than secured my Working Holiday Visa. I was also considering a stopover in Singapore to break the flight up. Would be great to meet up with people!

Kirsty

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-08-08

Hi Guys,

Im Emma, 28, Leaving Dublin to head to Perth on 7th feb 2018, will arrive 9th in the early hours, have booked myself into a hostel for the first week so I can get on my feet.  I had thought about going to Sydney but the flights were so expensive and I got a good deal to Perth.  I had considered getting a package but opted to do it myself for the experience and also to save money as every little helps.  I would love to hear from any of you if you are interested in travelling along with me.

Emma

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-08-19

Hey all! grin I’m Amy, I’m 26 and from Swindon, England. I am looking to work and travel Australia from February 2018 for at least a year. I am currently deciding on whether to book on to a group flight to Sydney with the company BUNAC. It would be great to talk to fellow travellers before going to discuss ideas!

Rank

Total Posts: 16

Joined 2017-03-18

hey amy how are you.what isyour travel plan.thank you

Rank

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2017-09-19

Hey everyone, I know this post is quite old now but I am heading to Aus in January, would be good to meet up with anyone going!