Need a Travel Buddy for 2018 gap year

Post Reply New Thread

Need a Travel Buddy for 2018 gap year

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-04-11

Hi! I’m a college student who desperately needs a break from college because I have no idea what I want to do with my life. So I’m taking a gap year! I’m hoping to start in the spring/summer 2018.
I’m looking for a female buddy roughly my age (19) who would be willing to take a year off and go explore the world with me!
I’m not sure what countries and cities I want to visit yet. I have a list of places I would love to travel to, but nothing is set in stone. I just want to visit and explore as many places as possible.
If you think you might be interested, definitely message me!!
I’m fine with being a solo travel but I would love to make a friend that I can share all of my experiences with.

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 169

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I was looking to go travelling anytime from July this year, but would have to save money before then, so I was thinking about doing the 2018 Mongol Rally depending on a team if you would like to join. I will be 20 by July 2018.

After that I was thinking about travelling to other places.

If you would like to know more, let me know and I can let you know more of my plans.

Charlotte

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-05-01

Hello there! I’m a 24 year old female currently living in London. i am starting my travels early January 2018 in Thailand doing volunteer work for 3 weeks and then over to Cambodia and across to Bali. Here is where my ‘planned’ trip ends and will be free floating as such. I’m looking to head over to south America, starting in Argentina and then travelling up as i would like to head up to central America later. Time is no problem and do not wish to spend months here so not looking to see everything and everything of course however will be on a budget as us travellers like so hostels would be the place of rest.

Please get in touch if you are looking for a travel buddy through south America and America should you wish for march 2018! or alternativley if you were interested in joining for the first part of the journey too I’m sure thing could be arranged if we get along! gringrin

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2017-04-03

Hi! My name is Lara and I am 18. I would like to work with animals during my gap year (Sep. 2017-May 2018). I will be travelling around Europe. I already have most of my plans set in the end of 2017. It would be great to have a buddy to work with me in 2018. I will work with sled dogs in Norway, Sweden, and Finland in January and February. In March, I will go to work at a monkey sanctuary in Ireland for a month. In April, I will work at a zoo in Hungary specifically working with exotic animals. The rest of the months are still unknown. These plans are not set in stone yet but this is a basic outline. I can also speak German and Spanish which may help us as we are travelling. Let me know if you are interested!

Rank

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2017-05-28

Hi, I’m a 23 year old female looking to travel around the same time, summer 2018. Looking to go SE Asia, Bali is definitely top of my list but would love Philippines, Vietnam etc and then I want to head to Australia for a while and potentially get some temp work and travel round the east coast! If you think that’s something you’d be up for, let me know

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2016-10-20

Hey! I’m Ciara, I’m 18 and from London.
I’m not too sure what I want to do with my gap year but I’d really love to go to the Middle East, if there’s enough interest I’d love to get a group together to go. My friend and I (from Dublin) haven’t organised anything yet as we think it’s probably better to get people together so it’s more inclusive.
So if you fancy a trip to the middle east maybe around December/January hit me up!!