Travel South America May/June/July. Travel Mate wanted. Or people to join?

Post Reply New Thread

Travel South America May/June/July. Travel Mate wanted. Or people to join? 

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2012-11-16

Looking into heading out to South America

Ideally travel with someone. I have travelled for 4 and half years solo but have not done that side of the world .

Looking to go for around 6-10 weeks.

Anyone out there thinking of heading out too and wants to join or any people I can tag along with ?

Rank

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2017-03-04

Hi!
I am planning to go to South America mid June, for about 6-7 weeks smile
I was about to book two trips with a travelling agency, since I don’t have anyone to join me for a journey this long wink

Which countries are you planning on visiting?
My plan is Colombia, Peru, Bolivia and end the tour in Argentina or Chile in the winedistricts smile But I am open to suggestions.
What do you think?

Ida smile

Rank

Joined 2012-11-16

Hey ! My plans are very open.

Want to see the main spots 6-7 weeks sounds good timing . Places your going sound great.. same as what I was thinking smile

Only thing is ideally looking to start a bit sooner. Is mid June set with you?

Rank

Joined 2017-03-04

Hi Chris, sorry for the late reply!

I might be able to get off work a couple of weeks earlier. Have you done any more research on where you want to go/ places you want to see? Do you speak spanish by the way? wink

Ida

Rank

Joined 2012-11-16

No worries smile

I just have some ideas where I want to go like in Peru the Inca Trail, Sand Dunes, would love to see the Amazon for a couple of days… Bolivia the Salt Flats.. Argentina the Waterfalls and it’s a long way down but would love to see the Glacier south of Argentina so depends on timing ect..

How about you?

Oh and no Spanish unfortunately lol how about you?

Rank

Joined 2017-03-04

I would like to at least see Macchu Picchu/Inca Trail, Salt flats,  Atacama desert, Salta and the Cafayate wine region. I haven’t done that much research yet because I thought that I was going to join an organized trip. But I would like to visit Colombia as well. Maybe end the tour in Mexico (If the tour starts in Argentina/Chile)

I don’t really have a huge wish to see the ¨big cities¨, I would much rather spend my time experiencing the great nature and ¨the must sees¨. But I also love a beer or to on a beautiful beach wink
How does this sound? Are you travelling for 10 weeks max?

Rank

Joined 2012-11-16

Hey ! Sorry I never get notifications of replies!

All sounds great experiencing nature rather than big cities is what I love to do! All the places you have mentioned are awesome. Have you thought about a few days seeing the Amazon as well ? I think it would be epic scenery and wildlife.

I’ve been looking into flying into Peru. Seems to be the cheapest flights.

And yeah don’t want to do more than 10 weeks out there really.

Rank

Joined 2017-03-04

No worries smile
Sounds good! I haven’t really looked into the Amazon, but I am open to (almost) everything smile Can you tell me a bit more about it? Will it be an organized tour?

When are you planning on going exactly? I am now thinking about renting out the apartment,  really go all the way and travel for 6 monthd, so ideally, for me, I would start the trip late june/early July.
But this might be a bit late for you? smile