Looking for travel partner(s) for Summer 2018

Post Reply New Thread

Looking for travel partner(s) for Summer 2018

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-05-15

Hey everyone,

My name’s (Oli)ver and I’m 18, from the UK, and sitting my A-Levels this summer. I’m taking a year out between school and university, where I’ll be working, learning some languages, and travelling, before I head off to Leeds Uni to study Modern Languages. All of my friends are either too scared to go and experience the world, or are going straight off to university, which is why I’m searching around here for people to go with smile

As you probably guessed, I’m fascinated by languages and cultures, always wanting to get a sense of the people and have authentic experiences. I’m relatively well travelled for my age, I’ve been to some more out of the way places in my time, including Lithuania and Serbia, as well as France, Germany, Belgium and the states. I’m also very, very sport and exercise orientated, so if we go somewhere I’ll most likely make sure to go downhill mountain biking, snowboarding or skiing etc. etc. (basically all the stuff you see on cool GoPro videos are what I want to try). An example, my friends went dune buggying in Dubai, which would be awesome to try!

I’m completely open to going anywhere, at this stage just want to find people to go with. Note also, that I’m not the kind of guy who enjoys sleeping rough and not knowing where my next meal is coming from while travelling. That kind of uncertainty stops me taking in the location I find, so I’d most likely stay in hostels etc., so traveliing cheaply but comfortably smile

If this sounds interesting for you, hit me up with an email (.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)) or message me here or whatever you want so we can start to work something.

Just an FYI, I’ve already found a Chinese person who’s keen to travel around the summer of next year. Hopefully my dream of seeing the world with a mixture of many different nationalities, languages, world perspectives may still come true :D

So yeah, if you think the proposal sounds good in any way, let me know smile

Sorry for the long post…wink

Looking forward to hearing from anyone,

Oliver cool smile

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-05-26

Hi,
just seen this and feel we are in a similar boat i am also taking a gap year after my a levels finish this year but all my friends are going to uni. I am looking to travel in the second half of the year as i will need the first half to make some money but am open to travel to most places.
If you are interested in perhaps organising some plans add me on facebook or snapchat- harry_powergrin

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-06-14

Hello!

I’m just going to begin my last year before university, and will be done with that year sometime in the middle of June 2018. After that I’d like to travel some before I continue studying on the University, and since my friends haven’t been bitten by the travel bug as I have I am looking for travel companions here instead!

I’m interested in traveling through south east Europe for a few months, maybe through France, Spain, Italy and somehow down to Greece. As I also love watching travel videos I would too love to try some cool stuff. Also, if there’s a possibility I’d like to record a travel video of my own during the adventure.

I’ll be 18 the summer 2018 and I am very interested in sports. I love taking nice photos but also just enjoying the moment.

If our plans seem similar I’d be happy to hear from you!

Emma

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-06-05

Hello smile

I’m from Canada, also starting my gap year. I have plans in India near the end of 2017, it’s with a UK volunteer organization so you don’t have to worry about a place to stay or food to eat. Most likely it would be in Udaipur, Rajasthan, which is full of ancient architectures and colourful culture. There would be opportunities for taking a break from volunteering and exploring the place as well!

The first week there, you get daily Hindi lessons. I thought you’d be interested in that. For volunteers staying longer, you would get a tour of the main attractions there, including the Monsoon Palace and the Jain Temple.

I think it’s a nice project, and I’m flexible with the details. If you’re at all interested, check out my post on POD Volunteer-INDIA-November/December 2017 which explains the placement (and my plans) a bit more clearly haha.

Let me know if any of you have questions! smile