Interailling solo advice + travel buddies august

Post Reply New Thread

Interailling solo advice + travel buddies august

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-05-28

Hey,

Currently I’m planning on going in August for the entire month, and I have a rough idea of where I want to go, but nothing set in stone as of yet. As this will be my first proper time travelling around Europe my initial thought is to visit the big cities, as there’ll always be stuff to do there.

Right now I’m planning on just going myself and then meeting new people as I travel, however if anyone fancies joining or meeting up at all, I could be up for that too.

While the internet is packed with hundreds on guides for interrailing, seemingly covering every possible aspect of it, I do still have a few questions.

How easy it to to meet new people at hostels? Or do you need to put quite a bit of effort into being social for anything to come of it?

Is just going to the big cities a good idea? My problem is I would like to travel everywhere and see everything, but of course am limited by both time and money. My thinking was that I can go again next year (assuming all goes well this year), and then possibly find some smaller but still interesting places, but is there any times in which big isn’t necessarily best?

And then I suppose just any other general words of wisdom?

Rank

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2016-01-23

Hey

Im plannning on going mid july to mid august as Im off to australia in September. Id love to see more of europe first though smile Ive never been interrailing before so cant offer any wisdom haha. Add me on fb easier to talk on there https://www.facebook.com/georgia.hann.92

Rank

Joined 2017-05-28

Australia will be good, enjoy that. I’ve added you on fb, my name’s Ethan

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-06-19

Hi Georgia & Ethan,

I’ll be in Germany this September and possibly Sweden.  I want to travel throughout Europe on the interrail from October through November.  Please let me know if either of you will be traveling at that time.  I sent Georgia a facebook request, but I’m not on it often.

Josh

Rank

Joined 2017-05-28

Hey Josh,

I’ll be travelling from the end of July through to the 9th Sep, when I’ll be getting my flight home from Berlin. So I’ll be in Germany during the start of September if you’re about then.

Rank

Joined 2017-06-19

I’ll be arriving in Dusseldorf on September 4th.  Is there any way you’d be staying longer or coming back?  Where are you from?

Rank

Joined 2017-05-28

Nah, I doubt I can stay any longer sorry, I’ll have been travelling for 6 weeks by that point. I’m from Scotland, and I have uni starting back on the 11th Sep.

Rank

Joined 2017-06-19

Alright, well if you make it to the states, let me know.  I’ll be back in Europe in January.  I just friended Georgia on facebook, if you want to send me a request, Josh Miller.  I’m not on facebook often, though.

I’d like to hear how your travels go and any possible tips!

Take care,

Josh