GIRLS! Periods

Post Reply New Thread

GIRLS! Periods

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-06-26

Next summer I am meant to be leaving for Australia for a year. I’m curious as to how some of you have handled your period whilst traveling. What kind of feminine products would you recommend? (pads, tampons, etc)
My cramps are typically pretty bad and they knock me down for a good 2-3 days. How do you handle period pains when you’re on the go? I always get bad back aches and need a heating pad and a dark room to relax in, too much movement makes me nauseous. I’m sure I can go with much less than I think I can. Just curious as to what experiences some of you have had, and maybe some helpful tips and tricks you’ve discovered!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 118

Joined 2013-08-23

This article is a little bit old but might be helpful: https://www.gapyear.com/articles/121046/a-menstruation-dissertation

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-06-29

I’ve never had a problem finding products, even when I was in Africa - I was always surpised to see main brand products on shop shelves. Realistically keep a few pads and tampons in your main bag as your period may turn up early due to changes in your lifestyle and diet. I’d take both pads and tampons - tampons are great as you can bury them if they’re biodegradable and do activity sports etc without feeling self conscious, but pads are good for long train/coach journeys as it can help prevent toxic shock syndrome. If you’re going to hike Everst - pack a supply to last how ever many months you’ll be trekking. I’ve never been but I’m guessing and kinda hoping there aren’t too many shops!