South America - Looking for Travel Partners

Post Reply New Thread

South America - Looking for Travel Partners

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2017-07-04

Hello Everyone,

I am aiming to travel around South America beginning around August/September (if not earlier!), for a few months (hopefully at least 3 months). My plans are really open at the moment, I would love to visit all countries in South America, especially Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Columbia. I aim to make my journey up as I go along, depending on who I meet etc. I really am looking to have some adventures. I have just quit my job and have no ties and am ready to go! This part of the world is very unknown to me and so would love to have some travel partners to explore with me. I aim to stay in Hostels, maybe camping and some couch surfing.

I have always been fascinated by SA, the culture/language etc. I am attempting learn Spanish at the moment, hopefully this will improve once i’m there.

At the moment the best flight deal for me from the UK is to fly into Rio, Brazil. So Brazil may be my first country to explore, but this may change as I am really open to starting anywhere.

I am also aiming to move onto Australia/New Zealand after SA, this may be of interest to you too…. but that’s a different story

Please let me know if your interested in meeting up to explore SA!

Billy

Rank

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2017-05-23

Hello mate,

My plans are pretty much exactly the same. Wanting to go to SA for a few months then I’m planning on going to NZL before xmas as I have a 1 year working visa.

My plan was to start in Colombia and work south finishing in either Buenos Aires or Rio then fly to Auckland and work my way down to south NZL.

I’m pretty much wining it and open to ideas. Where abouts you looking to fly from?

My dates are pretty much the same as yours as well. I’m finding out if I can get a sabbatical at work soon hopefully then I’m ready to go.

Cheers, hope to hear from you soon,

Tom

Rank

Joined 2017-07-04

Hello mate,

Nice to hear that you’re thinking of doing the same thing. Yeah Colombia really appeals to me as well. Just looked at flights from the UK to Colombia and it’s actually a bit cheaper that flying to Brazil. I’m based in Oxford and so I’m looking to fly from any of the London airports, most SA american fights go from there anyway. Would be good to work my way down the Andes southwards through Peru and Bolivia, if I started in Colombia.

I’m also in the process of getting a working holiday visa for NZ. Probably going to do a bit of bar work etc, whatever I can get, just to extend my travelling. Going to try and go for as long as possible.

How were you thinking of travelling around SA, from country to country, when you’re there?

Billy

Rank

Joined 2017-05-23

Yeah man, I just thought that with it being a bit cheaper up there and working down to Argentina and Brazil being quite expensive and easy to fly out from they seemed logical to end up in but I’m open to any ideas.

Yeah I’ve got my visa and I’m gonna do whatever I can until snow season then probably go to do a season on the slopes cos I snowboard as well.

I could fly out of any airport, with me being from Doncaster I kinda have to accept that the London airports accomodate a bit better than these up here barring Manchester.

Think the way to travel round is by night coaches from what I’ve read (quite reasonable price and comfy/air con that kinda thing).

You got a date set yet?

Rank

Joined 2017-07-04

Yeah seems to make sense to start off in the north and work south. I’m looking to be fairly cheap, staying in hostels etc, not sure what your plans are in terms of accommodation?

Yeah buses seem to be the best and probably only option, don’t think there is a decent train network to rely on.

Well I’ve left my job now and am doing a few freelance jobs (I’m a video producer) throughout June. So I’m looking to leave at the start of August, the first week of August will probably be my leave date. Although I may leave later, just wanna make sure I plan as much as I can. Although I am aiming for the trip to be really make it up as I go along kind of thing. When you looking to leave?

Rank

Joined 2017-05-23

Well I’m looking to make it as cheap as possible really, only doing hostels and trying to keep myself going as long as possible.

I’m just finding out about a sabbatical at work, if there’s no joy I’m jacking in anyways so I’m pretty much ready to go. I’ve gotta sort my house out and get a tenant in etc but should be a piece of piss really.

You planning on doing anything like trekking or maybe the inca trail or anything like that? Maybe macchu picchu etc? Just a few things I’ve looked at to break up the chaos really

Rank

Joined 2017-07-04

Yeah for me it’s really about keeping going as long as I can. Yeah definitely, I want to do some trekking and exploring. Would be great to go into the Amazon rainforest when I’m in the north. Although not sure how easy and affordable it is. I know that a lot of these organised excursions can cost quite a bit. Would love to visit macchu picchu as well. I’m also really interested in visiting the Atacama desert in Chile as well.

Are there any things that you are going to book in advance? Like accommodation etc…

Rank

Joined 2017-05-23

I think there’ll be cheaper ways of doing the excursions. Once I’ve booked my flight which will be this Friday I will book some accommodation I think,

You booking anything in advance? I’ve just got a few loose ends to tie up then I’m off.

Rank

Joined 2017-07-04

Yeah I’m going to book my flight in the next week or so. I’m going to probably book the first couple of weeks accommodation.

You looking to fly into Bogota? I’m looking to fly there and probably stay in the capital for the first week maybe, and then move on depending on who I meet etc.

Rank

Joined 2017-05-23

I don’t know about booking my accommodation for the first few weeks just in case its rubbish, rather go and find somewhere and then make a decision from there to be honest. That all depends on flight times as well cos dependant on how my flights are I might be jet lagged and want a room straight away?

Yeah I think Bogota is the place I fancy going first and moving on from there once I’ve got my feet on the ground so to speak.

And Bogota is supposed to be amazing!

We’ll have to meet up when we’re out there and have a beer

Rank

Joined 2017-07-04

Yeah that’s a good point. At the moment it’s also looking like it will take 2 flights to get from the UK to Bogota from what I can see. Yeah I’ve heard Bogota is really great.

Yes that would be good mate, to meet up for a drink. What’s the best way to contact you? I’ve private messaged you my FB details so you’ll be able to contact me a bit easier.