Travel buddy for 2018 gap year starting august

Post Reply New Thread

Travel buddy for 2018 gap year starting august

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-07-17

I plan to take a gap year after I graduate high school in May 2018. I have a graduation trip planned so, I hope to start traveling in August with no specific return date. I plan to visit thailand, vietnam, laos, malaysia, bali, australia, I also want to backpack through europe as a whole trip. I do want to visit other countries this is just the main countries I want to visit.
I currently live in florida:

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-07-19

Hi
Id love to show you some amazing parts of Australia.
Which August 17/18???
I travel all the time to all sorts of locations so meshing in 2 to 3 weeks with you would be fine by me during your visit to my beautiful country.
Im Bill from Melb.
Don’t know about you, but I’m finding it real hard to find a suitable and reliable person to travel with. Everyone is so insincere and bad mannered. Nobody replies to the reply etc and you never know whats going on. Why cant people just say yes or no.??

Anyway, Im a very well equipped and experienced 4WD based traveler and I travel mountains and deserts regularly, as I please. I just got back from the goldfields, with a smile.!!
I have a very unique vehicle thats very well set up and makes me very independent.
I always travel solo but this season Ive decided to take a companion and share the experience and company. Im a mech Engineer. Im happy, confidant, free spirited, respectful of others and ladies in particular.  I’m honest and straight with people and expect the same back.
Im planning a trip thru Northern Victoria and deep into NSW Western outback country and back. Possibly into QLD as well.
About 3 weeks trip starting early August. Im doing 2 day trip to the mountains before then and if you were interested, you could come on this short trip too and test compatibility and my travel style.
No cost share required. Im going anyway. Maybe contribute a little for some of your food and drinks. Im not fussed either way. Your company would be payment enough for me.
We would camp under the stars and enjoy great conversation and food in a camping environment next to a nice campfire and river.. Very unique experience you will never forget. You will see some of the real Australia and its people. If you like outdoor activities then I assure you safe travel and a memorable trip. I bet you will want to go again!!!
I hope this is of some interest to you.
Physically at least, I don’t discriminate. Ill accept you as you are, but you must be nice and respectful, open minded with a sense of adventure. Also, you must be an interesting person and like rock music. I like all music though.
I dont smoke, do (any) drugs and I’m a sensible social drinker. I generally dont like ladies with rings through their noses etc. Their conversations are generally boring!!
Sorry.
Anyway, I do trips all the time so keep this in mind.
Kind regards
Bill

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-07-25

Hi!
My name is Bailey, and I am most likely going to take a gap year after I graduate in the spring of this coming up academic year as well. I am planning on doing a community service program in the fall of 2018 (maybe 2) and these programs will generally last from 2 months to 3. After I return from that I want to backpack in Europe. I have no precise plan picked out, but I would love to talk to you about your ideas and maybe we could hash something out together. Of course this is by all means not a definite plan to go together, but we could brainstorm off each other and see. I dont know, i go with the flow!