South America or SouthEast Asia?

Post Reply New Thread

South America or SouthEast Asia?

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-08-26

Hi guys,  looking for some advice/opinions on potential routes for a ~6 month backpacking trip.

At the moment I know I want to spend a month interrailing around Europe but after that I’m torn between SE Asia (incl 10ish days in India) and South America.

I would be grateful if anyone who has been to both (or either one) could share their experiences and help me make up my mind.

As I say I want to go for about 6 months total so that leaves me with 5 months once I finish Europe. I hope to begin around August but am flexible if necessary to void bad seasons. Budget is pretty comfortable.

Thanks in advance!

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-08-29

Hi, just seen your post, I cannot help you with the main questions however I have just returned from a month long trip interrailing around Europe so if you need any advice with that feel free to email me smile

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Rank

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2017-11-14

Have you heard of a Gap Year through Outward Bound Costa Rica? They run a Coast to Coast Expedition where you backpack from the Atlantic to the Pacific Coast across Costa Rica and you also get to travel to Nicaragua and Panama meeting indigenous communities and getting a bunch of outdoor certifications. Hope this helps. Maybe check it out: http://outwardboundcostarica.org/programs/gap-year-semester-courses/