Australia Mid/End 2018 Solo Traveler

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Mid/End 2018 Solo Traveler

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-10-25

Hi, I’m 24 and looking to go traveling next year mid/end of 2018. I will be traveling solo to work and travel for a year. I am looking into starting of with a week starter package though STA or OZinto etc…. Then from there I’m not 100% till look into it further.

If anyone else if planning on going Australia next year it would be great to know your plans and if we likely to be there at the same time possibly meet up and do some traveling! grin

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2016-12-27

Hi,

I have been thinking about working and travelling in Australia at some point depending on when I’m motivated to get everything sorted but haven’t known where to start or if I will have enough money any more after losing a job and not being able to find another one

At the moment I don’t have much of a plan for where I will be going or when

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2017-10-31

Hey,

I’m looking to head over around September 2018, I’ve looked into doing OZintro and seems really good so I’ll probably go with them! I think I’m going to stay and work in Sydney for a bit, maybe travel and then do my farm work! I’m so nervous about travelling solo!  Would be great to know someone out there! grin

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-10-25

Charlotte - Im not 100% sure yet where to start etc but if like me worried about going solo, I would recommend starting with a company to do a week intro to meet people in similar position. regarding jobs maybe look at near by pubs whilst looking else where. Pubs near me always looking for staff all year especially near xmas! good way to earn extra cash whilst looking for job or on top of current job.

Amelia - Thats great I think i will be going with OZintro also smile I will still look at other options at the minute but they seem to be quite good. Also looking at maybe doing thailand or Bali intro early this year to experience some solo travel before OZ or add onto my OZ trip.

I will also be looking at going September! so I am out there fore my Birthday smile we could potentially end up on the same trip! aha

I plan to do the 9days intro then have week off in Sydney to just chill and explore at my own leisure and then go onto look for a job and place to stay. After first job plan to do some travels else where and then also look at fruit picking . I have read some blogs although work looks boring after a while. everyone seems to love it and makes good friends though it due to all staying on same island and accommodation for months doing it.

It would be great to chat more about several things especially if you are planing on going with OZintro and in September smile As i am the same as you bit nervous going out there on my own. so be great to have few contacts before and whilst there grin

.(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) or 07454227555 for whats app if you want to chat further