Australia Travelling 2018 March/April

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Travelling 2018 March/April

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2017-11-18

Heeey. I am thinking of going to Australia on my own around AprilMay time in 2018 on my own! I’m thinking of flying to Sydney and staying there for a little while and then going to Melbourne to work get some more money and see where that takes me! Would love to go to Thailand as well and am open to suggestions! I love going out and having fun, really outgoing. Would love to either meet someone there or organise to go with someone! grin

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-11-10

Hey hun! I have been looking at doing the exact same thing just don’t know where to start in planning it all!
Id love to travel around Australia starting in Sydney while also possible taking a trip to Bali and Thailand too! I was hoping to go around May also if I can plan and save in time!
Please feel free to message me if you want to plan or even meet up at some pointsmile

Rank

Joined 2017-11-18

Hey. Ahhh my lord I know it’s so confusing. I think I’m going to start with buying my visa in January and then just trying to save as much as I can. I’d be happy to work in Aus as well for a bit and then travel afterwards. So much to plan! Are you going on your own?

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2018-01-18

Hey girls, sorry I know this thread is a bit old but I am literally in the same boat. I would love to go travelling to Bali, Phillipines, Singapore etc on the way to Australia and I am also planning on going end of April/Start of May. I would love to have a few travel buddies along the way as I’ve never solo travelled before. I am extremely outgoing and love to go out and have a few drinks and also do adventurous things! Anyways send me a message if you’re interested in planning anything! I am 24 & from Ireland also smile

Rank

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2017-12-29

Hey girls im heading in march if thats any good?
Also goin on my own

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2018-01-23

Hello! I’m Aaron from Leicestershire

I’m looking to go to Aus on a working holiday visa. March time easy on dates, currently going solo. Looking to travel with people.cool smile

Rank

Joined 2018-01-23

I’ll be heading out to Australia in April as well. First post here—trying to get my fair share of research done before heading off for the 462 WHV. Happy to meet fellow travelers and explore. I’ve never been to Australia, but I have been to Bali twice as well as thailand, cambodia, and vietnam.

I’ll be coming from the United States—specifically Los Angeles. No set plans for what I want to do/see and I’m open to all types of work. From what I’ve read, April is a bit of a weird time to start the WHV but I’m ready to send it!

If y’all have any useful info you’ve come across while prepping for your trips I’m all ears!

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2018-01-18

Hi,

I’m Anna and I’m 22

I am in the same position, looking at flying to either Melbourne or Sydney at the start of April 2018 and working there for a bit and travelling.

I’m also v sociable and enjoy going out and would love to have some travel buddies.

Message me on here

grin

Rank

Joined 2018-01-23

What’s everyone’s plan? How far committed are you guys?

I applied for my WHV a few weeks ago, was approved almost immediately, and since then I haven’t gotten much time to get into the details of flights/where to start.

My apartment lease is up at the end of March so I was aiming for April 1-3 to fly out to Sydney. My problem is I was just put into a new position at work and I’ve been fully consumed by it—no time to plan my WHV.

I’ve never solo travelled—pretty excited about it. The thought of having no agenda and nobody telling me what to do is pretty damn appetizing.  I guess it’s time to pony up and buy my flight. Been seeing flights from LA to Sydney from $450-$530 (usd) at the cheapest and they’re only going up.

Have you guys put much thought into where you want start/end the trip? Curious to see how others are planning for the season they’re arriving. I’m considering going for a job at a ski resort for the short snow season, or trying regional work to get a 2nd year visa.

It would be great to meet some travel friends to share costs on car rentals and the like—I hope to do some road tripping/camping while I am out there.

Rank

Joined 2018-02-13

Hey!

Im Tom 22 from England.

Looking to go to Australia April 2018 aswell and would love to do Asia,Bali ect. Wanting to do some farm work so I could get a 2nd year visa hopefully! Thinking about starting off in Cairns in April as it the winter starts down south, so less opportunities for farming work I think.

Was wondering if anyone else had any similar plans, would love to meet people to travle with

grin
x