Family issues

Post Reply New Thread

Family issues

deleted-user

Hi

I have 3 younger siblings (11, 8 and 16 months), I moved away from home, to try and get used to the fact that I won’t see them when we go travelling for 16 months. Now that there is only 3 weeks to do, everytime I think about not seeing them I get upset.

Have any of you got any tips to try not to miss them when abroad.

I know I will have good and bad days when we are travelling but I cannot bear to even think how much I am going to miss them when we go. When I cuddle the baby now, I can’t let go because I know I’m not going to see her for so long. I don’t even want to think about when I have to say bye to her before I go.

I just need some reoccurrence - PLEASE

Thanks

Kayleigh

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 11379

Joined 2006-06-29

my tip is dont let them go to the airport with you. saying goodbye at home will be easier as your just leaving the house, at the airport you say goodbye before you go through to the departure lounge and mentally i think it will be easier on all of you.
when i went to oz my mum, brother, sis in law and their 3 kids 3, 4 and 9 came to the airport to see me off and i was feeling really strong and wasnt going to cry until as i hugged everyone and started to walk to security my neice and nephew (the 2 younger ones) each grabbed a leg and starting crying and begging me not to go, its obvious you love your siblings so for them to do anything like that will break your heart. it was so hard peeling them off my leg, telling them to get off me!

as for missing them when your away nothing can really prepare you for it, your just gonna have to take it as it comes. get yourself a phone card and phone home and speak to them (admittedly that might be hard with the baby!)
you will have an amazing time while your away and though you dont think it now, you will probably forget them on occasions cos you will be having so much fun. i went from seeing my neices and nephew every single day to not at all and it is an adjustment and will take afew weeks but dont worry you will be fine.

deleted-user

Thanks for your advise.

I will try. My mum has already said that she can’t come to the airport because she doesn’t want me to be upset walking through.

Thanks xx

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 11379

Joined 2006-06-29

im thinking of saying goodbye to my mum at home and getting the train to the airport cos i know how much it upset her last time and i wouldnt want her diving all the way from manchester to liverpool upset.