Sharing hostel beds with boyfriends/girlfriends/ladyboygirlfriends/animals.

Post Reply New Thread

Sharing hostel beds with boyfriends/girlfriends/ladyboygirlfriends/animals.

deleted-user

....Not quite….  :D

I am off travelling for 6 months with my girlfriend next week (Thai,OZ,NZ,S.America) and was wondering what hostel policies were with sharing dorm beds?

Im sure a lot of you have travelled as a couple so would be able to offer me some advice. Im guessing they would be cool with us sharing a private single-bedroom, but what about in dorms?

after three years of sharing a single bed at uni, we dont mind at all!! and I guess its cheaper too, because even if we get two seperate beds, we will only end up using one!!

Sharing hostel beds with boyfriends/girlfriends/ladyboygirlfriends/animals…. etc

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 5495

Joined 2006-04-29

:oops: In many foreign countries, people may not like it. :evil:  So take a sleeping bag LOL

deleted-user

you know what, me and Mark did exactly the same thing at the London Meet… well until we got kicked out!!  So yeah we’d probably do the same too… so help for us please too! thanks guys x

deleted-user

In many foreign countries, people may not like it.  So take a sleeping bag ....

.... Well in the many foreign countries Im planning on staying in hostels, apparently theres not too many people who really care if a couple would like to sleep in the same bed. Im not planning on staying in Baghdad YHA, so I cant see who it would be a problem for…...  :?:

Thats what I was getting at, nowhere in my post did I suggest we were looking to put on a live afterhours ping-pong-ball sex show for the amusment of the other resident backpackers.  :D

Anyone with anything a little more constructive??  :o

deleted-user

Hi Guys,

I don’t think they would allow it? I don’t think people would mind you sharing a bed but if you only paid for one…then you’d be sneaking another person in?

And if you’re in a ten bed dorm say, I think the hostel may only be insured for ten people (say if there was a fire or something) so wouldn’t allow an extra person.

Even if you shared a private single dorm they might not let both of you stay? (at least not for the same price?)
I don’t know for 100% certain and may be wrong but that’s what I reckon anyway. And you may well get away with it here and there but I don’t think you’ll be able to do it for the whole trip.

deleted-user

Yeah I agree with Bobbi83 here, most just won’t allow it due to insurance (and at the end of the day they are trying to make money), and it’s really not worth it… I have travelled with my boyfriend lots and have never been able to just pay for one. In Morrocco they wouldn’t even allow boys and girls in the same dorms, it all depends on the culture. SE Asia you’ll get a private double room/ hut (with private shower too!) for about £4 a night anyway, so really wouldn’t worry about the cost too much, even in Oz it’ll only cost £5-£15 per person.

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

You’ll find that people might get annoyed with it as well… A dorm for 6 but 7 people’s luggage…

An extra person queuing for the bathroom if the dorm is ensuite…

You might find your biggest problem is there…

Total Posts: 11379

Joined 2006-06-29

short of sneaking the other person in, your just gonna have to pay for 2 beds and share a bed. im sure most people in the dorm wont mind so long as you dont start having sex while everyone else in the dorm! i shared dorms with couples who shared beds and it never bothered me until you wake up at 3am by giggling and you just know what they are up to. thats just uncomfortable!!

deleted-user

Totally agree with Sarah!  and bobbi & warwick.  You’re just going to have to accept paying for 2beds, or paying more for a double/private room.

Total Posts: 5495

Joined 2006-04-29

:? Just a thought rolleyes Is it that essential to share a bed :?: If it is, then you know there will be some constraint. If I had to make a choice, I will take a small tent ( which folds like an umbrella and is very small ) and a large sleeping bag for two.Dorm/hostel manager may have objection leting me share a bed in the room, but surely he would not object to pitching my portable tent in his compound. LOL

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

If you found a hostel that would allow you to pitch a tent on the grounds I’d be very surprised.

deleted-user

hhahaha!

fantastic. cheers for all the help guys!! thought it might be the case!

Moneys not a problem, were taking more than enough between us, just thought it would be a waste of a bed! completely forgot the implications with extra luggage/ensuites etc….

p.s. you all seem to be under the impression we’re planning on having sex. Were both catholic and although you lot may have fogotten god’s word the bible excpicitly forbids fornication….

.... only jokin!!! been going out for years. no more nookie for me. end of story.

LOL

Joined 2006-06-29

does the nookie stop after years of being together?! 8O

deleted-user

of course not!!! 

Did you really hear people sh@gging in the dorms Sarah? I’d feel well uncomfortable. ha ha

Joined 2006-06-29

of course not!!! 

Did you really hear people sh@gging in the dorms Sarah? I’d feel well uncomfortable. ha ha

oh yes i did hear it, alot! but the worst were on night stands when the girl was really drunk, shrieking like a cat being strangled!!

Total Posts: 1403

Joined 2006-12-30

ahhhh the true meaning of get a room has just been found ha ha

LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL  LOL