Thailand Fun Facts (Part 1)

Post Reply New Thread

Thailand Fun Facts (Part 1)

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1069

Joined 2006-07-14

...and respect the people. Even the women. And don’t get into any arguments with Thai people, they will whoop your ass. So many times I saw a massive 6ft, 20 stone English monster getting floored by a Thai man half his size.

not quite sure what to make of this :?

perhaps Motterway meant ‘especially the women’, rather than even. or respect them even if they are actually men :wink:

Total Posts: 6389

Joined 2005-12-31

Now then.

I did volunteering work when I was away. I worked in an animal rescue centre in Ecuador. I didn’t go thinking I was going to save the world, or that I was going to make a huge difference. I went to gawk at animals.

BUT it was hard work… REALLY hard work. And when I left I’d helped to release two bears back into the wild, 7 capuchin monkeys and kept inumerable animals alive (along with everyone else working there).

I don’t think that just because people volunteer they should be demonised. Everyone is entitled to do whatever they feel they want to do… it’s their Gapyear. 

(The obvious exception to this statement is Hippies, who are all fuckwits.)

Total Posts: 2299

Joined 2003-10-31

What I mean is, especially if you are a bloke, don’t think that you have any girl you want. Don’t just approach a girl and flash money as I saw some men doing to girls in clubs whom were not even prostitiutes. Many men think that all Thai women will sleep with you if you show the money. They show absolutely no respect for the women as their small little minds and shrivelled up dicks think that they are all prostitutes.
This is crap and makes me so angry, I met many very nice, intelligent Thai women who spoke perfect English and could hold very good convosations.

Just dont be a cunt basically. The prospect of losing your virginty before you reach the age of 30 may be exciting but these women are not objects. Have some respect.

Total Posts: 11379

Joined 2006-06-29

What I mean is, especially if you are a bloke, don’t think that you have any girl you want. Don’t just approach a girl and flash money as I saw some men doing to girls in clubs whom were not even prostitiutes. Many men think that all Thai women will sleep with you if you show the money. They show absolutely no respect for the women as their small little minds and shrivelled up dicks think that they are all prostitutes.
This is crap and makes me so angry, I met many very nice, intelligent Thai women who spoke perfect English and could hold very good convosations.

Just dont be a cunt basically. The prospect of losing your virginty before you reach the age of 30 may be exciting but these women are not objects. Have some respect.

ah right i get you, i read it as ‘even the women’ like women shouldnt immediately have respect, when you meant especially the women!

deleted-user

I would agree with that completely, and you see it all too often, but some of these women have no choice - many are from the small farming villages of Isaan prov. where if there is family misfortune, a bad crop/harvest, illness etc, many of the younger girls will be expected to go to the larger cities to earn greater cash - all to send home. They are totally devoted to their families, and I imagine a fair few do not like what they do.
Motterway is right, if you take the time to stop and talk to some Thai women they are brilliant, always telling a story or a joke and offering some sort of insight into their lives. I am still in contact with young lady I met in the North, and will be for a long time, for sure.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2011-06-10

I teach English there, I live in America i am a Thai citizen, I shop there. What’ :?: s wrong with that? :?:  LOL  :wink:

Total Posts: 2636

Joined 2006-10-14

LOL this amused me.

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-11-03

Volunteering in good. STOP.
Who cares about what reasons the volunteers have or what they are thinking about themselves as long as THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING GOOD?

I’d be more worried or maybe even disgusted by the Thai people (or any other kin) trying to look rich and the materialism here - this is, IMO, not only a bad thing but also very very sad, especially because Thais are Buddhist.
They don’t seem to understand Buddhism at all.

Total Posts: 4626

Joined 2002-12-31

Who is that deleted user?

Also, whatever happened to idle65?