thing to do when youve got a broken arm!

Post Reply New Thread

thing to do when youve got a broken arm!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1052

Joined 2006-02-28

Afternoon all,

so this years glastonbury festival hasnt exactly been the most successful!!! I arrived on site at about 7pm wednesday…and by 2am thursday i was in the first aid tent nursing a broken arm. Turns our ive done a proper job and need surgery to have a plate and screws put in, I should be in hostipal tomorrow getting it fixed with any luck!

so looks like im about to get 8 weeks or so off work where im unable to drive or do anything active which leaves the question what can i do to pass the time?? would have been a perfect time to plan my trip but thats already done! (far to organised for my own good)...any sugestions welcome!

feel a little better for getting that off my chest!!

Kris

deleted-user

That’s really bad luck! What exactly were you doing??? And is your time off paid? If it is, then maybe that isn’t sooo bad?

Here are a few things (some serious, some silly, some kinda boring to be honest)

- Cinema or movie rental
- plan the trip after this one!
- learn a language
- read all those books you’ve always wanted to but have never had time for (using library if you’re really trying to save every penny, or amazon for cheap buys)
- walking (maybe after the first week or two when the arm isn’t actually hurting every time you move at all) Explore your city, the local countryside etc.
- museums (depending on where you live . . . London you’d be in luck!)
- theatre
- paint stuff (as long as you have something to rest the paper on, you’d only need one hand)
- write a novel
- lie on the sofa all day being waited on hand and foot, and milking it for all it’s worth!!!  :D

Joined 2006-02-28

I was walking back to my tent, hooked my goot in a tent guy rope, and landed funny on my arm! simple as that…swollen to nearly double the size now…gotta have a plate and 2 or more screws put into it according to the doc! sould be fun at airport metal detectors on my travels!!

not sure if the time off will be paid yet! will have to speak to my manager and go from there! gonna see if i can work from home (being a software developer shouldntbe a problem)

thinking a few visits to the cinema is the way to go! no museaums anywhere near where i live (out in the sticks of the west country) but the walking idea sounds like a winner in a few weeks time!

still gotta figure out how im gonna get my tent and gear back! my mates have offered to walk it out on sunday morning, so im gonna have to ask my parents if they can go and pick it up for me, as im likely to be recovering from the operation!

deleted-user

the joys of broken arms!!! i have spent the last 3 summers in a plaster cast up to my arm pit as had 4 x surgery. have also had plate and screws put in they dont go off at airports which is no fun!
im due to have another one in aug so am to thinking what to do as most stuff i have caught up on in previous post op time off??
maybe put my hundreds of photos in an album?
if it helps though have managed to go camping, and go to chilli peppers and razor light in plaster with no probs!
one handy hint do check and tell your insurance company when going rtw about the plate!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 659

Joined 2007-01-30

ive broken my leg a few times m8 and it is frustrating…everyone hates work but after a few weeks you will be itching to get back lol…to keep yourself occupied can only suggest movies etc as other ppl have said but when you do get chance to get out and see m8s take the opporthunity…

Joined 2006-02-28

tell your insurance company when going rtw about the plate!

didnt even think about that! another ting to add to the list!

been watching movies since it happened! sure it will be a lot better after the weekend as all my mates are still at glastonbury or down in newquay surfing (was the plan for next weekend!!).

Its my 25 birthday on the 9th of August so Im hoping the cast will be off by then! gonna be a very close call but sods law says it will still be on! then a wedding on the 11th (would love for it to be off for that as well). but if not ive got a trip to Amsterdam in september so unless it heals at a snales pace it shoulk defo be off for that!!

worse part is watching glasto on tv think im gonna have to stop as im getting really anoyed about missing it! the most anoying part is that i cant be given a date for my surgery as the hospital has no spare beds at the moment, keep getting tod to ring at 9am everyday and they will get me in when a slot is free! just want it done so it can start to heal! look at me moaning on! at least it wasnt a compound fracture or i probably would have cried like a baby! and that would have stuck around for ages!

RankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 659

Joined 2007-01-30

at least you can watch the the sexy ladies on the tennis next week…all the gunting from sharapova and all the short skirts from the girls is bound to put a smile on your face

Total Posts: 5495

Joined 2006-04-29

at least you can watch the the sexy ladies on the tennis next week…all the gunting from sharapova and all the short skirts from the girls is bound to put a smile on your face

rolleyes Do you watch tennis or do you watch sexy girls ???.......... 8O :o :evil:

Total Posts: 5495

Joined 2006-04-29

I was walking back to my tent, hooked my goot in a tent guy rope, and landed funny on my arm! simple as that…

8O :o If you wear GOOT instead of BOOT, what do you expect then?.. LOL  LOL

BTW, sorry u r poorly.  :cry:

Wish you speedy recovery.. :wink: You can take up reading, writing, singing, song writing, painting, dancing, jogging to keep fit, painting, raise money for charity…. :D

Total Posts: 6019

Joined 2006-12-07

I suppose a crafty wank is out of the question then eh.

Joined 2006-02-28

If you wear GOOT instead of BOOT, what do you expect then?..

come on!!! im typing with one hand and not even my hand of choice!!! (gotta say I woul probably have taken the piss a little too… ;oP

The news has spread like wild fire around my friends, so far my favorite comment has been “everyone with a broken arm please raise their hand” theres compasion for ya :oP

So far ive taken to watching movies as I cant move much yet! been told by my doc jogging will be out of the question for at least 3 weeks! gonna completely mess up my nike+ stats!

Keep having to take short naps as i keep rolling onto my arm, was watching telly from 3-6am this morning. I swear if I ever watch anymore of those stupid game shows that run over night im taking my eyes out with a spoon!! some of the answers have no logic linked to them at all