Thailand Apr/May, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam....

Post Reply New Thread

Thailand Apr/May, Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam….

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 194

Joined 2007-11-07

Hi! I’m heading to Bangkok around April time and was wondering if anyone was heading there and had a similar itinery to mine??

Travelling on my own and despite travelling round parts of europe last year am stiill a little bit nervous!! I’ll be heading to Laos, Cambodia and Vietnam, possibly doing some volunteer work for a month but undecided on this….After completing the asia part of my trip i’ll be heading to Aus around June/July staying for around 6 months whilst working, before NZ and then home if i’m ready!!

Anyone doing anything similar and would like to meet up ? Or have any advice??

Jonny

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2463

Joined 2007-04-23

Hiya Im heading out the start of May to Bangkok and also wanting to do Thailand, Laos, Cambodia &  Vietnam.  Got 3 Months and flying out of Singapore so going to head down through Malaysia too.  Also going out by myself so if you fancy chatting drop me a wee line.

Pam

RankRankRank

Joined 2007-11-07

Hi pam,
Glad someones got a similar plan to me! I have nt really planned my route properly but it would be good to meet up if you wanted 2… Im aiming to get to bangkok at the end of april and will be hanging round there for a couple of weeks so should still be about 4 your arrival.
If you fancy sorting something out properly get in touch on .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

deleted-user

Hey Pam and Maddog again!

Your route sound similar to mine.

Im doing Thailand, Cambodia, Viatnam, Malasia, Indonisia, Oz, New Zealand, and India, and Tebet and Nepal!!!! Phew. Planning to leave in may.I am going with a few mates already but always looking for more people!! 

x

deleted-user

oh! i forgot Loas!

deleted-user

Hi all,

I am looking to go around May to Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam but am flexable on dates and places to go still planning at the mo. I want to then go to OZ for about 6 months then NZ. I am looking to go with others as none of my mates will join me so wouldn’t mind meeting up with anyone going on a similar route.

Ste

Joined 2007-04-23

Woo hoo - looks like there could be a good wee group of us here!

RankRankRank

Total Posts: 186

Joined 2007-10-15

hi guys, been chatting to stehowey and he told me there were a group of you heading to bangkok in may, im also planning on going in may, nothing booked yet but would love to arrange meet ups with people who will be there the same time. havealso joined the facebook group as well!!!
vicky x

RankRankRank

Joined 2007-11-07

Pam & Henrietta are booked! Me & Ste will be shortly…....148 days to go if my maths is correct!!! whoo

Joined 2007-04-23

Your maths is very correct jonnyboy - 148 days and then Im pitching up in Manchester to get that flight outta here!!!  Can you tell Im very overly excited!!

Rest of you guys get booking!!

deleted-user

I will be booking mine 1st week in Jan when I get paid,  :D

1st May here we come!!

Joined 2007-04-23

Woooooooo Hooooooooooooooooo!!!!

This is now my most said phrase!!

RankRankRank

Joined 2007-11-07

The gang is starting to take shape, anymore travellers doing the same as us are welcome to give us a shout, as it stands there is Pam, Henrietta (+ mates 1 or 2), Ste & myself!  We are all strangers who have met on here and will be having a meet in the new year to get to know each other….....

Right, time to start dishing out roles…....I propose Pam as group leader seen as she was 1st to book!! 

Henrietta can be group photographer due to her ability in that arears…..

Need roles for me and Ste now!!?? Any ideas??

Joined 2007-04-23

Group leader????!!!  You lot are screwed!!!

I propose you and Ste are the official rucksack carriers - sound fair?!  I will take a big brolly with me so you can all follow me round places too - I knew the degree in tourism and travel would come in usfull one day!!!

RankRankRank

Joined 2007-11-07

Pam, If you’ve got a degree in leisure and tourism or whatever you are defo group leader!!!

Rucksack carriers??? Have to think about that, but i’ll get under your brolly if its raining…..monsoon stylie!

deleted-user

Hey guys! what day are you all arriving in Bangkok?? i can arrive at the end of may. I was thinking of going North to Chaing Mai..do some elephant riding and see the tiger park then head south for the full moon party on Ko Phagnan. Any ideas?? smile