anyone been with original volunteers?

Post Reply New Thread

anyone been with original volunteers?

RankRank

Total Posts: 93

Joined 2007-03-15

what were they like they look cool but abit to cheap to be true :?

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 6567

Joined 2005-09-29

Depends what you mean by ‘been with’.

Do they put out?

RankRank

Joined 2007-03-15

tom u really are hystrical :?

i found a random lick with people talking about this company sounds alright like.
http://www.gap-year.com/browse.asp?catID=1174&sNode=1174&Exp=Y&forumid=2&topicid=3168&nodes=3168,3172,3175,3176,3177,3178,3187,3203,3204,3208,3224,3225,3247,3257#mid3168

RankRank

Joined 2007-03-15

my link was rubbish but the company is good apparently 8)

Total Posts: 6567

Joined 2005-09-29

From reading around, they seem to be the real deal.

VERY cheap too, eh?

Seen good reviews from reputable sources, so I’d say go for it.

deleted-user

Im going out to Ghana with them in July, and from speaking to them on the phone etc they seem alright and friendly/ helpful.
im going out by myself though which is pretty scary but it should all be good!  :D

deleted-user

I’m going to Ghana in June, and have joined up with Original Volunteers. I’ve done a bit of research but found very few reviews, mainly just people talking about the organisation before they go.

From what I’ve gathered, they are a new company - about a year old - and they focus on online rather than printed marketing, so you cannot get any kind of brochure before hand.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

deleted-user

Did you end up going last june?  Was everything alryt?  planning on it for next june….. smile

Total Posts: 1396

Joined 2008-10-16

iv just had a look and they are actually well priced.. amazed. 
I wander how much extra money we would need on top of their fee.. any ideas?x

Rank

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2010-06-10

i am very intrigued by the Ghana project…but they are so cheap it all seems a bit fake! has anyone actually gone with original volunteers?

Rank

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2010-09-12

Im going out to Ghana with them in July, and from speaking to them on the phone etc they seem alright and friendly/ helpful.
im going out by myself though which is pretty scary but it should all be good!  :D

How was your trip?

Rank

Joined 2010-09-12

I’m going to Ghana in June, and have joined up with Original Volunteers. I’ve done a bit of research but found very few reviews, mainly just people talking about the organisation before they go.

From what I’ve gathered, they are a new company - about a year old - and they focus on online rather than printed marketing, so you cannot get any kind of brochure before hand.

Fingers crossed it goes well.

How was your trip?

Rank

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2010-12-22

They are real indeed! and i will tell u Y because i am well aware of where they are as i hav went to ther offices and yes it very well is trusted and they are No* 1 independant company in the UK(in volunteering of course)

Rank

Joined 2011-04-18

Hi All   has anyone acually been out to Ghana with Original Volunteers as i too can not find enought information about it,  so i do not wish to waste any time and would like to meet people with the same interest as me.
Ie   Helping to make a difference to theese good people.

Rank

Joined 2011-05-16

DO NOT TRUST ORIGINAL VOLUNTEERS….

I paid the reg’ fee of 125 pounds to go to Malawi.
they told me to book my flights and so i did for beginning of June.
when i asked them who i was meeting and where i was staying they would NOT give me any information unless i gave them more money (55 pound) apparently for airport pick up which costs a few pounds out there.

they were rude and didn’t answer any of my emailed questions but just told me that all would be explained when i arrive in Africa!
i am now left to travel Malawi ALONE for 5 weeks, ( i am 20 year old female)

if I wasn’t up for travelling then i would be 800 pound down from flights and reg fee.. please guys don’t trust them they really just want ur money and don’t care about you. maybe some people have had good experiences with them but I have not!

Rank

Joined 2011-05-14

Hi guys,
if you are thinking about going to ghana i would highly recommend http://www.ghanaukvolunteers.com they are a small independent organization that only charges volunteers for the bare essentials, living costs etc. I went with them and had an amazing experience. The co-ordinators are great, it was the best experience of my life! Looking at going again over the summer, go for it guys you wont regret it. Lucy