Straightners ~ HELP!!!

Post Reply New Thread

Straightners ~ HELP!!!

deleted-user

Hey Girls,

I’m off on my travels in October: asia, oz, nz, fiji & america, so need some good compact straightners that will work worldwide (low volatages etc).  Anyone come across any good ones? I’ve read a few forums and the ‘TS.2 detailer’ has been mentioned…anyone used them? Don’t want to pay a load either..

Also what shoes do girls tend to wear apart from flip flops?! Not planning any major hikes, but haven’t got a clue what to buy!!

Thanks!!  :D

RankRank

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2008-04-05

hiya!! stuff compact - lol - im taking full on ghds, the new ones that work all round the world!!!!!!  :D yes it may seem excessive but i have ridiculous thick curly hair and nowt works well on them bar ghds! i ordered them yday online….what a shame they wont fir in a money belt - i WILL be gutted if they get nicked/lost! i wont use them in india but will in Oz (not all the time obv - i think i will have to embrace surfy wavy style!) but it makes me feel better when its straight for nyts out and stuf!! and poss in thai - depends how hot it is!!!

as for shoes im thinking flip flops x 2/gladiator sandals/trainers/pumps not sure really, im not fussed bout heels as im tall, but cos i have big feet i find it hard to get shoes so i dont wana be stuck bear foot LOL i reckon u shud take trainers for the flight (thats wen i intend to wear them as they are heavy!) but u myt want pumps as an alt to flip flops!?!? i dont intend on major hikes either - maybe a bit along the cliffs round bondi in Oz but trainers shud suffice i rkn!!

u going to USA last? ul be able to buy all sorts of cheaper stuff b4 u return home from what iv herd…..shoes, perfume, clothes!!! Wooo! i couldnt afford to do USA as well but im hoping il get loadsa cheap bargains in thai before i get home!!  :D

RankRank

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2008-04-12

Im def gonna be taking my GHD’s aswell.  Couldnt live without them i dont think! 

As for shoes, im taking 2 pairs of flip flops, 1 pair of pumps and 1 pair of going out sandles(just because you cant get in clubs etc in Oz in flip flops or anything like that!).  Still undecided about trainers tho?!  I think the only time i would wear them would be on the flight but then that means ive got to carry them round for the next 6 months so dont think i will bother!  Might just wear a comfy pair of pumps for the flight as im not planning on hiking etc!

Im struggling with what to pack when it comes to trousers and jumpers etc.  Not quite sure what the weather is meant to be like in Oz Sept time???

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1993

Joined 2008-04-08

im taking my GHD mini’s.

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-12

GHD Mini’s?  Didnt know you could get them?  Or are you pulling my leg???

Rank

Total Posts: 26

Joined 2007-07-20

im taking my GHD mini’s.

there are mini ghd’s but these are just a lot thinner that the normal ones for those with short hair ect.  smile

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-12

Ahh ok.  Would be great for travelling i guess but dont think they would suit my hair!!  Ive got long thick hair!  Didnt realise you could get them tho!  How much are they?

Rank

Joined 2007-07-20

I think they are around £95. I have never used them !! My hair is very thick and dont think they would suit. Other shops sell travel sized ones, I have no idea how good they are but handy for saving space !!!

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-05

i dont own going out sandals really, i just go out in flip flops here in the summer - black or silver and im let in in york/leeds/newcastle so im guessing it wont be a major issue over ther!?!? i cud be wrong tho in which case it cud see me trying to squash into a size 8 shoe!!!  LOL

i wear trainers a fair bit as they have funny insoles in for my dropped arch - ABSOLUTE PAIN that i ahev to take them but i gues that cant be helped!!

no idea what the weather would be like then…i looked the other day for sydney and it was only 8degrees so im guessing itl just be like our kinda spring weather but probs a bit better - check out some random weather sites on google for like average temps and stuff for the last few yrs, that myt giv u an idea!?  smile

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-05

iv ordered mine yday from HQ hair (online) but got the mark IV salan styler (the big ones) £102.45 incl a free heat mat/wrap and p+p which is about the best i cud find! they also had the same deal for the smaller ones but obv a bit cheaper! they are really small, tho the mini ones, best for girls with short/fine hair or guys!!!

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 1993

Joined 2008-04-08

yea they cost me about £110 when they first came out, but about £95 now.

they really thin for women with short hair and blokes.

wouldnt recommend them as it would take ages for you to straighten your hair. just take your existing ones as they aint much bigger.

[http://www.edwardjamesltd.co.uk/4yourhair-ghd/ghd-mini.html]

Rank

Joined 2007-07-20

incl a free heat mat/wrap

A heat mat is a must. I got mine a while after my ghds and I dont know how I survived without it !!

deleted-user

Thanks for the help guys! I want some more GHD’s (after mine nearly set on fire last week) but it wont fit in the budget. Do you know of any cheaper ones that are good!?

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-05

i dont have one atm for my current ghds (yes u probs fink im mad shelling out for the new ones ehen i have the old ones but iv heard all sorts happening to the old ones when ppl use them WW!) but im thinkin it will be good like if im off out and theyr not properly cool then i can just pop them in the wrap and they wont burn the stuff in my bag/cause a fire or whateva. im assuming they wont neway, is that what the heat wrap will prevent do we think? :?

Rank

Joined 2007-07-20

Do you know of any cheaper ones that are good!?

I cant help there, the only ones I have ever used are ghds as my hair is so thick !!! Sorry smile

RankRank

Joined 2008-04-05

havent looked into ne alts Cam im afraid as i kno nowt else would really get thru my hair so im sorry i cant be of more help regarding those straightners ur asking bout! smile