Oz Oct/Noz 09.... where do i start!!!

Post Reply New Thread

Oz Oct/Noz 09…. where do i start!!!

RankRank

Total Posts: 91

Joined 2008-10-07

Hey everyone,

Im planning on going to Australia in oct/nov 2009… date not set in stone as yet!!

Just dont know where to start with it all!!... Im going alone, but would much prefer to find people who are going at the same time. Oz Intro sounds like a good thing, but maybe a complete waste of money?!

Im a nurse and do intend to work in Australia too, but only to keep up the funds as i travel around!

Dont have a clue where abouts i want to go… please feel free to get intouch with any ideas grin

Thanks xxx

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2493

Joined 2008-07-18

Im hoping to leave around this time too. Like you, dates have not been set in stone, so im pretty open for ideas.
I dont plan to organise too much for it all. Im just gonna go with the flow 8)
However, OzIntro is a definate i reckon. Lots of people on this site are doing OzIntro, and its had lots of good reviews in the past. Id say go to it, especially if youre going alone, cause you can meet a bunch of people who are probably arriving at the same time as yourself. Also ive heard that the contact details (email addresses etc) are given out for the people in your group, so you can either meet up before hand, or possibley join each other on the flights over to Oz.. which i think is a pretty decent idea.
Plus now that youve joined GY (:D) you will probably meet a bunch of people who are going at the same time as yourself.. or near enough. I am a fine example!!
Dates may change for me.. but im definately thinking of going this time next year if savings go according to plan! Hopefully as the months go by, there will be more of us going around this time!

Edit* - Also.. im slightly clueless as well, but ive been speaking to the guys on here for probably a little too much as i should!! So ive picked up tips along the way. So fingers crossed i can help, if you have any questions.. but i dont know everything just yet!!

Rank

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2008-09-28

hi guys!!well ive officially reserved my place with oz intro to strt oct 19th next year,so just waiting to pay 200 of that off.so if anyones is off around the same time then let me know,so we can chat etc!!im also going alone,and to be honest quite scared but thats wat makes the experience special isnt it!!let me knowne ways how ya plans get on x x x

RankRank

Joined 2008-10-07

Hi Lucy,

nice to hear from you grin

have you made any other plans apart from the oz intro then? or are you just going to go and see what happens?

are you planning on working out there aswell?

xx

Rank

Joined 2008-09-28

well am guna do the oz intro thing maybe first so u can meet new people etc,then just go with the flow really!and yeah i will be getting a job just spmething casual-not too strenuous!!haha!!u sorted out nething yet?x x x

RankRank

Joined 2008-10-07

No i havent sorted anything yet… still doing my research at the moment.

Im definetly considering going on the OzIntro though as i think it would make it less scary going alone!!

How long are you planning on going for? and how much money do you think you will take??.... have you got msn? it migh be easier to chat on there grin

xx

Rank

Joined 2008-09-28

hahaha!!yeah ok.im just going to bed now though cuz got work so early tomorrow-the joy of working in anursery.but if your online tomorrow nite can chat better then.its .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
in reply to ya other questions-at the moment am wanting to stay for a year but will see how things go,and will probs havebetween 1500-2000 which should be enough if im wokring

hopefully speak tomorrow x x x

Rank

Total Posts: 7

Joined 2008-07-19

Hey lucy and sam, im also hoping to go the australia 2wards the end of next year. You gonna go out there on a working holiday visa? if you are you need at least AUS$5000 which is about £2200 and a return ticket or enough extra funds to get one when u leave. Look up australian immigraton on google for more info. x x :D

Joined 2008-07-18

Parknride.. haha love the name!

Yup, hes got a good point there ladies! Its good to have some money left at home or something (maybe your parents could hold it for you) for getting back home. I know its pants having to think about going home when you are planning to get there. But flights are pretty cheap one way, so it shouldnt be too bad.

Ooooh im getting excited already! :D

deleted-user

Hey all, i am also looking at going to Australia about that time too, doing a working holiday visa, i am looking at booking with Ozintro in the next couple of weeks, just gotta get the £200.
i don’t have any plans as of yet, i know that i would like to spend new years and xmas in Sydney and then travel to Melbourne to see the Formula one.
Just need to get the money and finish college then off i go.
Has anyone else made any plans yet?
xxx

Joined 2008-07-18

Hey Charlotte! :D

Not got any plans set yet, apart from definately doing OzIntro in the first week. I just like the idea of getting out there and seeing where the wind takes me! I dont like to plan things too much, cause then you never know what you might do if you just see who you meet or where you might stay next! I do love the idea of hiring a camper van with a bunch of people and travelling wherever we feel like it.. it would save loads of money and be so freeing!!

Ive just got myself a full time job at my work now.. so yay! That savings start now. Ive just realised how much i hate the tax man though.. robbing us!!! And of course my parents were very kind to say theyll be putting my rent up again now that im working full time. Im sure they dont want me to leave.. grrrr!! Its so frustrating!! Im just trying to figure out how much i can save each month, but i wont really know until the pay slips start coming in!!

I want to save all the pennies i can get my hands on! Even if it means having to make christmas presents this year!! I dont care! I think nearer the time as well, ill probably sell some of my stuff at home. The stuff is just gonna be sitting here doing nothing for a good while, so i may as well make some money out of it all!!

Infact that reminds me. Last night i found some old Portugesse money (which was taken over by the Euro now) i checked on eBay.. and people are actually selling this money!! I may as well do it, even if it means only a couple of pounds!!

So what is everyone else savings plans? We all just grabbing every job that comes our way? Or do you guys already have a fair bit saved so far?

RankRank

Total Posts: 66

Joined 2008-09-25

Hiya guys!! Im looking at going the same time too, my plan is for the 19th october, cant wait. i think im lookin at takin about 3500 but im planning on gettin a job out there too, dunno what tho as long as it makes me a few pennies.

I gotta admit, the idea of the camper van seems like an excellent plan lol and my aunties just done it, shes out there now and she loved it.

im just soooo excited to meet loadsa new people, and see some amazin stuff.

xxx

Joined 2008-07-18

Hey Heather!

Yeah the camper van idea sounds awesome doesnt it?! It would be so much fun to meet a bunch of people at OzIntro, then just grab a van and disappear into the horizon with some of the guys we meet from there!

I havent set an official date of when to go yet, however late Oct / early Nov is what im thinking will be my target. My general plan is to purchase my one way ticket in about six months time (April), and possibley get other stuff like the WHV, and the OzIntro date set by then too. So that means after i buy all that i can just save any extra money i can up until i finally leave! I reckon from here till October next year i might get to have about £4000 to take with me. But ill just have to see how much i can put aside each month!!

Whats everyone elses plans? Anymore people joining us in Oct/Nov next year?!

RankRank

Total Posts: 99

Joined 2006-10-31

Anymore people joining us in Oct/Nov next year?!

Yep smile
Glad i’m not the only one planning way in advance!
I’m stopping in Asia for a month or 2 first-hoping to go in August so i’ll be in Oz about Oct.  I’m prob doing Thaintro so won’t be able to afford Ozintro as well, would be good to meet up with people over there that i’ve already chatted to.
I want to take about 3k but i’m so bad at saving!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2008-09-11

:razz:  :razz:

Joined 2008-07-18

According to XE, 6000 euro is around £6360!! You’ve done some pretty god saving there! Is that for your whole trip, or just Oz? How long do you plan to stay in Oz by the way?!

Ooooh i so want to get the ball rolling and start buying stuff, but i really shouldnt!!! So far i have a £1000 saved. But typically, my car insurance is due.. AND my tax disc is due by the end of the month! :x So that’ll be about £250 gone just like that!!

Im sitting waiting patiently for my pay to come in tomorrow.. but ill be able to check soon how much i got on my online banking thingy! God i love online banking! That way i can figure out if i actually can put money into my savings this month!!