GAPYEAR.COM MEETUP - LEEDS, 2009

Post Reply New Thread

GAPYEAR.COM MEETUP - LEEDS, 2009

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 4626

Joined 2002-12-31

It’s that time again…. it’s been far too long since we organised a Leeds meet!  :D

So here we go…

Saturday 21st February 2009

Leeds

If you are interested in coming along, please feel free to post a message on this thread or PM me or my co-organiser, Merry (assuming she doesnt mind being the co-organiser, which she won’t!  :wink: )... and I will update the list below….

As before the list is split into definitelys and maybes.... please specify which you are at the moment, and you can let us know closer to the time if you are definite.

Let’s try to get this sorted within a couple of weeks, as it’s not that far away now…

Any newbies who are considering it but feeling a bit scared by it, don’t be.. trust me you’ll never meet a more welcoming, like-minded group of people! (with the exception of Warrick).

* EVERYONE IS WELCOME *

BRING IT ON BITCHES!!  :twisted:

Definitely coming:

Lunny
Merry
Wristy
Warrick
Pamarmstrong
Happyscot
Ambermarie
Jemz999
Missgrace
Chuzzle (+ guests)
Slimjim87
jen_leeds84
Vicky (GY.com team)
Cormac (GY.com team)
Chantiee
Mr_Dead
Lottttiiiee
Knibbsy
Josy_jo
Freakgirl0789
Christina2205 ( + guest)
Helen_davis7
Moonstar
Sausages

Maybe, undecided, dithering:

Sunburn22
Mattbt
curious cheese

Accommodation
There is no hostel in Leeds so Ecrap
is the cheapest place you can stay. Its £35 per room per night and each room sleeps 3 (1 double bed with a single bunk over the top). They’re pertty basic but do the job. They don’t have a bar / restaurant but you can buy cans of coke / crips / chocolate etc.

If you booking online you pay when you get there. Most people have already booked a room so worth finding someone to share with.

Getting Here

If you’re coming by train into Leeds we will be meeting at the Weatherspoons in the train station on Saturday around 2pm. If you’re here before that or on Friday the Etap hotel is about a 10 minute walk through town. If you need directions give me a shout and i’ll email you a map.

If you’re coming by National Express the bus stops in the bus station across the road from Etap and about 10 minutes walk to the Train Station Weatherspoons.

If you’re coming by the MegaShiteBus the bus stops on Kirkgate, also just over the road from the bus station and Etap.

Plan of Action

I’ve messaged most of you my mobile number so give me a call if you can’t find us and we’ll track you down. Can’t have anyone missing out on the best piss up of your life. Alternativly listen out for shouts of “Gaypear” in Weatherspoons. We have managed to locate stragglers in this manner at previous meets.

Friday 20th
For those coming on Friday lets meet at The Palace pub which is opposite Ecrap and my old local. Don’t be put off by the bikers outside, its a lovely pub. Most of you plan on getting here at 7pm ish (with the exception of Wristy who arrives at 5pm, hardcore much?) so we can meet around then have a few cheeky ones then on for a dirty curry.

Saturday
As always the meeting place will be 2pm in Leeds train station Weatherspoons for an afternoon warm up session.

We will then head over to Etap so people can check in / get changed etc then head to the 2nd meeting point of the night Leeds 3rd and Secret Weatherspoons around 6 - 7pm.  We can have some more cheap drinks and dinner (to soak up the alcohol consumed so far) then Lunny and Merry will lead you on a tour of Leeds’ finest places to do booze.

We’re not likely to be going anywhere with strict dress codes but lads best not to wear white trainers mmkay.

Please also bring ID. As we’re such a large group we are likely to get ID’d and me and Lunny have selected some fine places for us to go so if you don’t get in you will ruin our plan damn it!

Sunday

The traditional hangover breakfast at a greasey caff in town where we can all fill in any gaps in memory people may have and cringe at the bad photos etc….

Facebook Group
A secret group has been created here
to allow only those who attended the meet to share those stories / photos that fit into the “what happens at a meet stays at a meet” category.

We’ve aimed to make this meet up as cheap as possible. You won’t need any money for taxis as everything is central but always helps to save cash by brining your own food and alcohol to get the party started.

This is the 6th Leeds meet up. Bring on LEEDS VI

Total Posts: 4587

Joined 2005-06-29

What is the latest hostel situation in Leeds, is there one yet?

Total Posts: 2493

Joined 2008-07-18

Thats my weekend off.. so I may be a maybe. For now.

Joined 2002-12-31

What is the latest hostel situation in Leeds, is there one yet?

will sort that out very soon… promise!

it will prob have to be the etap again… but its cheap as chips.

Joined 2002-12-31

Thats my weekend off.. so I may be a maybe. For now.

ahhh gowann

:D

Total Posts: 5495

Joined 2006-04-29

Aaaaaaaaaaahh :(
Oooooooooohhh :cry:

If it was in April or May, I would definitely have come, as I did last year.
I still cherish memories of my time spent with all those brilliant people. :D

Sadly,I will miss the meet as I shall be travelling Bhutan, Nepal, Andaman and Nicobar Islands and India from 29th. January to 23rd. March.

Well, there is always next time.  :D

Total Posts: 1993

Joined 2008-04-08

No can do bitches. Im flying out on Feb17th! whoop whoop!

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

I’m only coming if someone keeps all flammable items away from Lunny.

Total Posts: 2463

Joined 2007-04-23

Yep Im defo there - will prob head down on the Friday late afternoon as makes it more worthwhile than just coming for one night.  Anyone else doing something similar?  Know Nick’s up for it.

As I mentioned on the other board any Scots can get a lift with me as long as they can get their asses to Glasgow for about 4pm Friday and dont mind keeping me consious on the drive back up on the Sunday.  :D

Total Posts: 6269

Joined 2005-12-31

I’d possibly be up for something similar. Won’t know until I get my dates from work though.

Total Posts: 2463

Joined 2007-04-23

I’d possibly be up for something similar. Won’t know until I get my dates from work though.

Cool, cool - seems more sensible to get trashed for an entire weekend rather than just one night eh??!  :wink:

Joined 2002-12-31

Cool, cool - seems more sensible to get trashed for an entire weekend rather than just one night eh??!  :wink:

In my experience the one big night is enough…. then sunday we normally spend recovering and having breakfast.

Friday’s not really viable for most people anyway due to work.

Total Posts: 2656

Joined 2003-12-31

Yup Ecrap hotel is ur best bet. Great location and £35 per room which sleeps 3. 1 double bed and 1 single. From when I used to work there rooms feel quickly (as does every where in Leeds ) so I recommended you try to book 3 - 4 weeks in advance.

What was that? Curry plus a mini shant on Friday night for those who are hardcore (ie not Lunny)? Game on.

And I know we haven’t gone into details yet but I can pretty much confirm this will start at 2pm at Leeds train station weatherspoons for those that want to get on and book train tickets. If your coming by bus then that’s less than a 10min walk to the train station spoons. If your driving then Etap doesn’t have a car park (majority of hotels in Leeds centre don’t) but they do a deal with a local multistorey.

PARTY TIME motherfuckers.

PS Pam pick Broke and Mushroom up will ya, they’re not getting out of another meet!

Total Posts: 4587

Joined 2005-06-29

Ahh don’t start this two night meetup nonsense again, I agree with Lunny that only having the one night is much better, no excuses of holding yourself back for the next night then.

Couldn’t make it on a Friday anyway so would be Saturday only for me.  However Lunny you’ll have to drop me to the undecided list, as I might be at a rally that weekend…

Total Posts: 2080

Joined 2008-12-11

does sound like fun. . . but i don’t know you all well enough :(  There isnt a set fire to the new guy ritual is there? lol

Joined 2002-12-31

does sound like fun. . . but i don’t know you all well enough :(  There isnt a set fire to the new guy ritual is there? lol

haha, nah man…. just come down. it’s always a good laugh and you’ll get to know everyone after a few drinks!