Australia Early 2010 - sign up here!!

Post Reply New Thread

Australia Early 2010 - sign up here!!

RankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 390

Joined 2009-01-08

Updated: 11.8.09

These are the people you are dealing with when you enter this thread… we are a loverly bunch, we really are!

UPDATED: 13.5.09

Hey people!

I know this thread is huge, but dont worry most of it is sill discussion about spiders, the hills, and making sure we go to see the neighbours set hehe

Come join in the fun, we dont bite… i promise.

Most of the people in this thread are heading out to Oz between the months of November and March.

There is currently a large group of us who have OzIntro booked for Jan 25th, and 7 of us have flights out to Oz on Jan 20th.

We also have a meet up planned in Leeds, on the 8th of August. The more the merrier, some of us have beds going spare in the hotel rooms so give us a shout if you want to tag along.

Despite the length of this ever growing thread, we are only in the early stages of our planning while out in Australia.

One of the great things about this is the fact that we were all going on our own until this site, this board and this thread.

So come and join in!

—————————————————-

Hello folks!

Ive read through the boards these past couple of days and noticed that some of the most successful threads are started by people who plan well in advance! So here is one for 2010…

Im currently in my last year of uni, and have decided to put off stepping into the real world to take a gap year to Australia next year. I will be heading down there on my own, so the purpose of joining the site and making this thread is to find some likeminded people who may be headed down there themselves.

As far as plans go, there is nothing set in stone at the moment, i like most on the site, want to just see where the whole experience takes me, though i would like to move around, as opposed to staying in just one place. I also really like the possibility of extending the working visa to 2 years, though at the moment, that is just a nice thing to have in case i fall in love with the place so much that I want to stay another year.

Well i don’t really know what else to say, without sounding like an opening speech at an AA meeting! Hi my names Claire and im…
rolleyes

So, who else is down under for 2010?

Rank

Total Posts: 34

Joined 2007-02-09

hey im in !smile

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-08

Anymore for anymore?

hehe

8)

Rank

Joined 2008-10-04

Heya. I’m planning on going out to Oz in Jan 2010 and going from Melbourne to Cairns. Going to get a bus pass so that I can travel around as and when I want. Extending the working visa sounds like a good idea, i’m not sure whether I’ll want to stay out there for more than i’ve planned at the moment, but would be good to have the option. X

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2080

Joined 2008-12-11

Hey, Im leaving in early 2010 and il be starting in Sydney with Ozintro, then heading up the East Coast to Cairns. Then Ayers Rock, Darwian and campervan or car down the West Coast to Perth and then leave from Melbourne i think. Might check out Tazmania and New Zealand whilst im there. But il sort that out when im out there.

Claire im in the same boat as you, graduating in June and saving up and leaving for Oz in Early 2010. Was gonna plan to head in Jan but the flights are so much cheaper in Feb and Mar that i think ill leave then.

Hope this thread gets as sucesful as the early 09 thread, but there appears to be a rival one :razz:

so where are people planning on going in Oz?

Rank

Joined 2008-10-04

Yeh Oz Intro definately seems popular. I was going to start in Melbourne, but i’m considering just flying straight out to Sydney and starting there. I looked at doing Ayers Rock, but from people I have spoken to i’m porbably not going to.
The flights are much cheaper in late Jan/ early Feb, might stop in Kuala Lumpur on the way out too. X

RankRankRankRankRankRankRank

Total Posts: 2080

Joined 2008-12-11

I looked at doing Ayers Rock, but from people I have spoken to i’m porbably not going to.

what have you heard about it? i was considering it as well, but am wavering a bit because at the end of the day is it not just a big rock i the middle of nowhere?  :?

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-08

I have not looked at flights yet, they are going to be expensive during the months of Sept - Feb/March as thats summer over there.

I have no dates set yet, but i do know that i will be heading out in the first couple month of 2010. Im aiming to book with OzIntro around July/Aug, so hopefully ill have it all figured out by then hehe.

As for locations, i havent really decided. Ive been to Oz before, in Adelaide and Port Douglas in Cairns. Both are beautiful places, so i will probably head back to see them, but only for a week or to, then, well i guess i will see where the wind takes me i guess.

Rank

Joined 2008-10-04

Just some people i’ve spoken to said not to bother, but then others say it’s definately worth seeing… but like you say it is just a big rock LOL  LOL !!
I’ve found the flights aren’t too bad towards the end of Jan. X

deleted-user

I’ll be in Oz on my own from December 09 for a good few months!  :D

Rank

Joined 2008-10-04

Cool cool, well hopefully see you out there then. X

Rank

Total Posts: 14

Joined 2009-01-15

hi guys
(:
planning to go january 2010 maybe?
i’m saving up money now, i’m hoping to save about 4 grand which i hope will cover flights, living costs, visa etc.
is everyone going with a company, and like doing a set trip or..
cause i have NO idea.
i don’t know if it’d be easier travelling on my own and doing what i wana do?
any ideas?
thaaaanks.
x

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-08

Im looking to go with OzIntro, which basically gives you a tour of sydney for a week. After that, you are free to do what you like.

8)

deleted-user

Im going out May 2009 but am working for 6 months and then wanting to travel so it’ll probably be about the same time as you get there.
Would be super chuffed if a big group of us could get together and explore not only Australia, but the countries around it.

Anyone else up for that?

deleted-user

i was thinking of doing something similar to that, how long are you staying out there for after you’ve finished working? x

RankRankRankRank

Joined 2009-01-08

Im thinking of doing the same as you… i.e. working the first couple of months and then setting off. Though i am up for change, i had even thought of travelling and working, for instance staying in one place for 1-2months, working and then moving on to a new destination. That way im not in one place for 6 months.

At the moment though, my main concern is saving the money to go, then im going to decided what my plan of action is hehe